Good Evil Urges Review

Started by oceanbilly, Mar 27, 2008, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oceanbilly

bridget

very cool - thanks for the heads up :)

threecrookedhearts

Thanks. This review mentions that "Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 2" is the closer on the album. This was mentioned after the NPR webcast as well, however the Billboard article lists "Good Intentions" as the final track.

Does anyone have any information on this? Is "Good Intentions" not a full song or possibly a hidden track?

Andrushka

Damn...they're being really careful about giving out the album.

I want to hear it too..

I guess we won't even have a chance at hearing it until mid-may.

Clarkwork

I really like this review and the idea of the album having 2 different sounding sounds.

I can't wait until it comes out.  Why oh why are we having to wait so long if it is complete!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

bo dereks tits

the review mentions that Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part II is the CLIMAX of the album, which doesn't necessarily mean it's the closer.  

threecrookedhearts

Thanks for pointing that out. So I guess we can assume the NPR guy was wrong when he said Touch Me Part 2 closes the album.

It is amazing he could speak at all after having his face liquified.

weeniebeenie

threecrookedhearts, is that Mike Mccready's guitar as your profile pic? Just wondering.
How loud can silence get?

sweatboard

His name is "threecrookedhearts" so I'm going to guess yes.  I think that's a refrence to the PJ song "Smile"
There's Still Time.........

weeniebeenie

QuoteHis name is "threecrookedhearts" so I'm going to guess yes.  I think that's a refrence to the PJ song "Smile"
Sure is, and an awesome song at that! :)
How loud can silence get?

threecrookedhearts

Quotethreecrookedhearts, is that Mike Mccready's guitar as your profile pic? Just wondering.

That is McCready's guitar in my profile pic. I found it lurking on PJ's Forum a while back.

I am a big fan of PJ and MMJ, but was never moved to register on PJ's Message Pit. Over there it appears to be more about what your fan club number is, how many posts you have or how many shows you have seen.

The atmosphere here is much more welcoming and definitely less elitist.

Three Crooked Hearts is a reference to "Smile" as well. It was either going to be that or "swirlsallaround".

getinthevan

Quotethreecrookedhearts, is that Mike Mccready's guitar as your profile pic? Just wondering.

The atmosphere here is much more welcoming and definitely less elitist.

Exactly why I love it here.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Coltrane

ditto....

and might i add how awesome the layout of the Forum is. So easy to navigate, pleasant on the eye.
There's not a better looking site around, IMHO.

(baba-booey)
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

dragonboy

Quoteand might i add how awesome the layout of the Forum is. So easy to navigate, pleasant on the eye.
Agreed Coltrane. Every now & then I'll go to another forum to check some band info or something & 9 times out of 10 the layout does does my head in.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

thatswhatshesaid

QuoteHis name is "threecrookedhearts" so I'm going to guess yes.  I think that's a refrence to the PJ song "Smile"
what an amazing album that is. its 13 years old and i still listen to it like its new. i havent been as excited for an album to come out since No Code until now.

MikeR1390

Anyone got an idea which song that quote came from? have we heard it?

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

MikeR1390

QuoteYes, we have! It's from Smokin From Shootin. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bikZDnvoir4&feature=related

well thanks  :)