UK to get Evil Urges first?

Started by Rob, Mar 10, 2008, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

Read a couple online articles about the guys being signed to Rough Trade for the UK release of Evil Urges, and the release date given is June 2nd. Is the UK really getting the new album a week earlier than the U.S.???
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

easy jim

So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

cmccubbin@work

If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

MarkW

Quotewhaaaat? >:(

Strangely, I'm fine with the idea of an early UK release...  ;)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Nikkogino

we won the war!  doesn't that entitle us to freedom and early MMJ?

dragonboy

Quotewe won the war!  doesn't that entitle us to freedom and early MMJ?
Which war are you referring to? If you're referring to WWII then you'll agree that it was the allied forces that 'won' the war: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_World_War_II
Maybe you meant Vietnam?! Iraq?!! Pretty sure you lost the former & are losing the latter.

;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Nikkogino

Which war are you referring to? If you're referring to WWII then you'll agree that it was the allied forces that 'won' the war: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_World_War_II
Maybe you meant Vietnam?! Iraq?!! Pretty sure you lost the former & are losing the latter.

;)

I love you Winston, but I'm referring to that Revolutionary War....way before you were born buddy.

DoctorJimmy

;)

I love you Winston, but I'm referring to that Revolutionary War....way before you were born buddy.

And way before you were born too buddy.  YOU won the war did you?  YOU didn't win sfa mate, a bunch of dead guys over 200 years ago did.  Most of the guys who fought for America where either British or Irish and practically first or second generation immigrants anyway.  But at the end of the day, so what?  

Nikkogino

;)

And way before you were born too buddy.  YOU won the war did you?  YOU didn't win sfa mate, a bunch of dead guys over 200 years ago did.  Most of the guys who fought for America where either British or Irish and practically first or second generation immigrants anyway.  But at the end of the day, so what?  

we=my ancestors biatch

they'd roll over in their graves if they knew the brits got mmj first.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

tomEisenbraun

;)

You're really not up for the whole "good first impression" deal round these parts, eh?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

CC

FYI

Evil Urges will be out in the UK on June 9th

on Rough Trade Records.

DoctorJimmy

;)

we=my ancestors biatch

they'd roll over in their graves if they knew the brits got mmj first.

Well presumably MY ancestors too 'biatch'.  In fact probably more of my ancestors than yours.  Like any of this actually MATTERS.

DoctorJimmy

;)

You're really not up for the whole "good first impression" deal round these parts, eh?

Should I be?  The original comment was surely not entirely serious (if it was I'd be worried) but this nonsense of WE and US when referring to events that took places hundreds of years ago is beyond silly.  WE did this, WE did that.  YOU did no such thing my friend so why claim them as your own or take pride in events you had nothing to do with (I'm not referring to you obviosuly but people in general).  I couldn't care less what my ancestors have done and take no pride in such things.  Why would I?  I don't take pride in the fact that my ancestors fought against Hitler or in the first World War, or the Boer War, or the Napoleanic Wars etc as this would be about as sensible as feeling shame because my great, great grandad raped somebody.  Nothing to do with me either way.  Similar to having pride in ones country despite the fact that you being born there had zero to do with you of course.  Nationalism is for silly people with sillier ideas.  In my opinion of course.  I'm with Bill Hicks on this issue - nationalism is retarded and adolescent and does way more harm than good.  It simply emphasises perceived differences that don't really exist.  It enables prejudice and bigotry.  It's bollocks basically.  I'm Scottish by the way.

Nikkogino

;)

Should I be?  The original comment was surely not entirely serious (if it was I'd be worried) but this nonsense of WE and US when referring to events that took places hundreds of years ago is beyond silly.  WE did this, WE did that.  YOU did no such thing my friend so why claim them as your own or take pride in events you had nothing to do with (I'm not referring to you obviosuly but people in general).  I couldn't care less what my ancestors have done and take no pride in such things.  Why would I?  I don't take pride in the fact that my ancestors fought against Hitler or in the first World War, or the Boer War, or the Napoleanic Wars etc as this would be about as sensible as feeling shame because my great, great grandad raped somebody.  Nothing to do with me either way.  Similar to having pride in ones country despite the fact that you being born there had zero to do with you of course.  Nationalism is for silly people with sillier ideas.  In my opinion of course.  I'm with Bill Hicks on this issue - nationalism is retarded and adolescent and does way more harm than good.  It simply emphasises perceived differences that don't really exist.  It enables prejudice and bigotry.  It's bollocks basically.  I'm Scottish by the way.

What is "bollocks" is the fact that YES, I was joking around with the whole "we won the war" thing and that you even tried to respond with some rant about who "we" is.  Let's just leave it at that.

DoctorJimmy

;)

What is "bollocks" is the fact that YES, I was joking around with the whole "we won the war" thing and that you even tried to respond with some rant about who "we" is.  Let's just leave it at that.

Well obviously you weren't being serious - I stated this in my post.  Apologies for the 'rant' but work is pissing me off something chronic at the mo and I needed to vent spleen anonymously on a message board.  I wasn't attacking you personally or responding to you I was merely attacking that school of thinking that, lets face it, is the norm.  It's just a pet peeve on mine that is all and your post hit a nerve at the wrong time.  Now if you'll excuse me I have to go to the toilets and wank furiously to release this anger and tension.  I may be gone some time....

Nikkogino

i obviously was joking....its okay though if you wanted to blow off some steam.

MarkW

Come on chaps, group hug.  ;)

Thanks CC - I'll be knocking on the door of my local record shop early in the morning on June 9th...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

Isn't this how most CD releases are? Isn't the "typical" UK release day Monday while ours is Tuesday? For some reason I have that in my head. I have no issue with the UK getting it a day early. It's 1 day, 24 hours. It's no freaking big deal.

The DARK

Yeah, but in this case it's a WEEK AND A DAY before.

If I ever start a band and make it big, I will make sure the good old US of A gets our releases first!  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face