Cheesy covers you would like to see

Started by BadfooT, Mar 06, 2008, 08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadfooT

I heard "wicked game" by Chris Isaak on the radio and it made me think....Jim could kill it!  Carl on the steel doing the slide parts.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

LEATHER KID

I think I've mentioned this before but Fooled Around and Fell in Love by Elvin Bishop is built for Jacket.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

easy jim

QuoteI think I've mentioned this before but Fooled Around and Fell in Love by Elvin Bishop is built for Jacket.

spot on!

only this one can't fall in the cheesy category ;D
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

Penny Lane

i'd love to see them do 'brandy' for some reason (and the sailors say bran-dee--you're a fine girl...what a good wife you would be....)?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

thatswhatshesaid

kickstart my heart!!!!!! everyone should cover an occasional motley crue song.

kyjed48

Quotekickstart my heart!!!!!! everyone should cover an occasional motley crue song.

Maybe they'll do the entire Dr. Feel Good album at RCMH.  I know I'm keeping my fingers crossed! ;)
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

thatswhatshesaid

Quotekickstart my heart!!!!!! everyone should cover an occasional motley crue song.

Maybe they'll do the entire Dr. Feel Good album at RCMH.  I know I'm keeping my fingers crossed! ;)
dude, i would shit my pants if they even did a few bars of a crue song.

LEATHER KID

Not so cheesy but Paperback Writer would be the shit.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

aMD

I'd like to see em bring back Freaks of the Industry (Digital Underground) -->Principal's Office (Young MC)

mjkoehler

QuoteNot so cheesy but Paperback Writer would be the shit.
Yes Please!

I would take any Cure song.

megalicious

how about some doobies? what a fool believes, perhaps?

or maybe jim + omnichord doing a little beegees' how deep is your love?

or anything by the rodfather.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Crispy

Tears Of A Clown - also not very cheesy, but delicious
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

pawpaw

I don't think this is cheesy at all, but I always thought that MMJ would be the perfect band to cover the Faces. How about a little "Stay With Me"?!?!

Now, to keep the spirit of the thread going, I nominate some Madonna..."Lucky Star" would be fun, no wait, "Like A Prayer", epic.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

BH

I've always wanted to see Jim and Bo do their version of Pink Floyd's Cirrus Minor.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

thebugman

you know i hear songs on the crappy radio all the time and think to myself how the jacket could actually rock this tune...anyways the one i will throw into the mix is from top gun....highway thru the DANGER ZONE!.....i cant wait to see the boys
four on the floor and four in the air....

Jaimoe

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want them to do cheesy covers. I'm a big fan when they do covers of well-chosen and good songs like Nick Drake's "Northern Sky" and "Rocket Man" etc...