The leak vs Youtube live versions

Started by olwiggum, Apr 22, 2008, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

Yeah, yeah, yeah, here's another thread about the leak, but I feel like this is an interesting topic and I didn't want to see it buried in another thread.

So there's a lot of complaints about the leak. That's understandable. There's the whole "this isn't the quality of the final record" argument. I get it.

So why wasn't there an uproar when the videos from SXSW hit Youtube?!?!

A compressed mp3 of a studio record is gonna sound better than a shitty video taken with a digital camera any day of the week. Not only are digital cameras not built to record high quality audio, they get recompressed when they are put on Youtube.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I wish that cellphone cameras were never invented. I also wish that still camera manufacturers would stick to just that, still cameras. Audio is not meant to be recorded through a hole that's no bigger than a pinhead. While that can come in handy in a pinch, it's been abused by people at concerts.

Rant. Over.

Dillsnufus

the leak/album is suppose to be like the live versions . I forget which article but it said that they'll not only be thought to be the best live band but best band and the only difference was the reverb so they didn't use it. so for all the mmj fundamentalists just pretend it's a live album.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus