Main Menu

First Post

Started by stevenflow1989, Apr 22, 2008, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenflow1989

Hello. First time poster here, obviously, and I decided I wanted to introduce myself to the MMJ faithful. The first experience I ever had with MMJ was in Grand Rapids, MI, 5/19/06. They opened for my favorite band, Pearl Jam. I thought they were really interesting and told myself I would check them out. Wonderful Man was what really stood out to me for some reason. I thought Jim sounded like Lennon kinda, haha.

Anyways, I bought Z and Early Recordings, it all came together after that. It was just something about this feeling this band gave off, what I can't exactly explain. Songs like Lay Low [my favorite jacket song] and Isobella in particular just hit me. The Way That He Sings is basically a good way to explain it.

So basically I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here and proclaim my love for this original, amazing band. Yes I am here posting because i have the new album and it's what inspired me, but don't worry, I plan on buying it on release. My first listen through wasn't anything special, but the second and continuous ones were just amazing. I love the album. Again, it's "just the way that he sings,' that feeling the band can put on through harmonizing guitar parts or vocals that is unexplainable. It speaks higher than words to me. So far my favorites are Thank You Too and Touch Me pt 2.

Nice to meet you all.

cmccubbin@work

welcome fellow jacketeer!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

InTheZone

QuoteThe Way That He Sings is basically a good way to explain it.

well said stevenflow.  welcome aboard
god bless the usa

Penny Lane

QuoteThe Way That He Sings is basically a good way to explain it.

well said stevenflow.  welcome aboard

wow--i'm going to steal that phrase...! nice one.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill