It Beats For You

Started by AngryEwok, Apr 24, 2008, 09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

You should stop what you're doing and listen to It Beats For You on Okonokos.

It blows me away every single time.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TGMC421

I was listening to this version on the drive home earlier.  Made for a great jam to blast at others around.   :P

thatswhatshesaid

i love any version of it, but the oko version is awesome.

Laylow27

such an underrated classic.......especially the whistling at the end, seriously Z may be my all time favorite I think.

BH

The OKONOKOS! version is spectacular.  I can't listen to it now without seeing Two Tone banging on his bass to the beat.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Yeah, the ending of that song on Okonokos just pops into my head from time to time.  It's a good example of what MMJ are all about.
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

Personally, I love this song because it's the most unique-sounding thing they've ever done. You can play "spot the influences" with nearly everything else, but that bass! Those drums! Those synths! That acoustic guitar! Everything I love about MMJ, but totally different from everything else.
In another time, in another place, in another face

weeniebeenie

QuoteThe OKONOKOS! version is spectacular.  I can't listen to it now without seeing Two Tone banging on his bass to the beat.
I love that part, especially how he's doing it when Jim is saying,"Who can  count the  time I'm beating... With my hands?" Awesome!
How loud can silence get?

cmccubbin25

listen to the live versions where Andrew Bird plays with them...the whistle he does live will blow you away!!!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

ms. yvon

what show is that from?  acl last year?

brad, the okonokos version is a stunner.  tom and patrick drive that song.  damn.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Laylow27

QuoteThe OKONOKOS! version is spectacular.  I can't listen to it now without seeing Two Tone banging on his bass to the beat.
I love that part, especially how he's doing it when Jim is saying,"Who can  count the  time I'm beating... With my hands?" Awesome!

haha, me too!

jrod00

Actually you should stop what you're doing and listen to the live version from 12/1/06 in Philly, it's frickin awesome, especially the whoop/scream at the end of the vocal.