Re: Praise for Evil Urges?

Started by Nikkogino, Apr 24, 2008, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

The lyrics place "ICE CREAM" in apostrophes, so I'm pretty sure he ain't craving Blue Bell.

;)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mcarroll

And for the record, since this thread is titled "Praise for Evil Urges?", I posted my intitial thoughts on the album in another thread:

As with every MMJ album before it, this one is a grower for me.  After the first 3 or 4 listens I wasn't really sure what to think of it.  But now that I have a few more under my belt, it is becoming severely addicting.  I think it is never wise to review an MMJ album until you've listened to it at least 10 times as their songs almost always take a while to really reveal themselves.  My faves so far are I'm Amazed, Thank You Too (sounds sappy at first listen but, man, I love it now - great production and great playing, especially during the guitar solo), and the Smokin' From Shootin' and Touch Me Part 2 combo.  As far as Highly Suspicious, I think there are some great ideas in that song but it is poorly executed, mostly in the beginning verses.  Jim is just singing out of his range, which is understandable if you can't quite hit it live, but you shouldn't be singing something you can't hit when recording an album.  The good news is that Highly Suspicious fucking ripped live once the dual guitars came in at SXSW.  If you aren't really digging the album, give it a few more listens and it quite possibly will change your mind.

Jon T.

For the record Tom, if he wasn't kidding I agree with you 100%.

Hollow

The intertrons are a very serious place.  This is serious thread.

Please do not take my scury pickle lightly.

The DARK

QuoteThe intertrons are a very serious place.  This is serious thread.

What is that?????????????? ;D

Though I disagree with your earlier post, I just think you got in the wrong thread @ the wrong time.
In another time, in another place, in another face

tomEisenbraun

QuoteThe intertrons are a very serious place.  This is serious thread.

That's incredible.

Welcome aboard, fellow intertron'r!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face