The Wilburrys. ?

Started by Paauwe, Apr 27, 2008, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

M.Ward, James, & Oberst?   Badass!
Whats up with this? All i know is that they've toured together a little bit.
How "official" is this?   Will they release an album maybe?? Will they tour?
I have no idea whats up with this but it sounds spectacular.
cheers.

Angry Ewok

Please. God. No.

To be a supergroup of unmeasurable talents, the Traveling Wilburys (the real ones) weren't all that awesome as a collective group. I'm sure a lot of people love those two albums, but if you ask me, most of the tracks are trash.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuotePlease. God. No.

To be a supergroup of unmeasurable talents, the Traveling Wilburys (the real ones) weren't all that awesome as a collective group. I'm sure a lot of people love those two albums, but if you ask me, most of the tracks are trash.

It's happening. I bet thats where Wonderful (The way I feel) will turn up.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Jaimoe

I don't see this as a negative at all. They've played together before - I liked their brief ACL performance. And it's really an indie supergroup, thus no one outside their core group of fans knows who the hell any of these guys are anyway.

The DARK

Remember that Jim and M Ward did Chinese Translation together.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Cameron

QuotePlease. God. No.

"tweeter and the monkey man" is the only song that stays with me from those records.

Jaimoe

I still like "Congratulations" and "Last Night".

It's a little unfair to dump on The Wilbury's since most types of music from the 80's has a tendency not to age well, especially material from aging rockers.

Jaimoe

QuotePlease. God. No.

"tweeter and the monkey man" is the only song that stays with me from those records.

Try ignoring the cheesy video part that some fan pieced together for Youtube purposes, here's a rockin' cover of "Tweeter" by defunct and infamous garage-punk rockers The Headstones from 1993. The music is still pretty kicking after 15 years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BukWT54Cv4U&feature=related

Front man Hugh Dillon has proven himself to be a good actor since their demise and even Tarantino is a fan of his - check out the amazing Hard Core Logo sometime http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:136323~T1