Rollin' Back makes time stnd still, then dissapear

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Apr 23, 2008, 10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

Quotebut this produced quite a nice "chill" up my spine and set me in great mood for the rest of the day.
[/quote]

so it sent chills... up and down your spine? like dew on a window sill?
cheers.

ms. yvon

QuoteThis is a post I made almost exactly two years ago when the song finally hit me hard.

QuoteSaturday was the first real nice spring day in my neck of the woods and I put the Ipod on and sat under the baking sun.  Try this sometime.  Sit in a lawn chair and lay your head back.  Put Rollin Back on Ipod/headphones/whatever.  Close your eyes.  Keep them closed.  At the 6:54 mark, when the choir like background vocals kick in with the "Ahhhhhhh"  open your eyes to the sun.  OK, so the sun wasn't the only thing baking, but this produced quite a nice "chill" up my spine and set me in great mood for the rest of the day.
some songs i describe as "hammock" songs.  when i listen to them i feel like i am lying back in a shady hammock with the breeze blowing.

this is a hammock song. *swoon*

man, i have to play this now.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Prom King

has anyone else noticed at the very end of the song when it is fading out a woman's voice sing "and I'll sing it to you?"  may need headphones for this experiment.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback"]http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback[/url]

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TGMC421

Quotehas anyone else noticed at the very end of the song when it is fading out a woman's voice sing "and I'll sing it to you?"  may need headphones for this experiment.

Haha yep!  Eerily interesting...

JacketGal

I played this one today for the first time in a looong time - it's easily one of my favorites. When I read that it was 7:20 long, I had to check - you're right it FLIES right by... This means I listened to this song for ~22 minutes today.  ;D

This one is special for me and my Jacket lovin' love dawg. The slow dance thing is wonderful.

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.