Rollin' Back makes time stnd still, then dissapear

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Apr 23, 2008, 10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

How can that song be 7 minutes and 20 seconds long?  It seems like it's 3 minutes, and yet it seems like an eternity.   I just get lost in this hazy world of sunshine in my mind.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ms. yvon

surely doesn't feel like 7 min.  damn.

when the first seconds of it play after "run thru" it is like coming out of a jungle into some wonderful ethereal place.  amazing amazing...
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Bigsky

Just in the nick of time...while I was sitting here

Such a dreamy slow dance, am I falling or floating...

Jellyfish

Might be my fav MMJ song ever.It's hard to pin down just one but this one comes to mind.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ms. yvon

Quoteam I falling or floating...
perfectly worded!  i've tried to articulate the physical feeling i get from so much of the ethereal stuff.  bigsky, THIS IS IT!

[smiley=beer.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

BH

I looked and it's actually 7 minutes and 50 seconds!  It's longer than Steam Engine.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EC

rolling back makes me want to put it on loop and slowdance forevah

Bigsky

QuoteI looked and it's actually 7 minutes and 50 seconds!  It's longer than Steam Engine.

Steam Engine is another song that makes me spin with lost dizziness...the melody and lyrics just take over, gently..."the fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need."

ellisintransit

I agree with everything here.  I just wanted to say that this is my favorite thread name on the entire forum.  Wonderful.  That is all.

pawpaw

Quoterolling back makes me want to put it on loop and slowdance forevah

I had a sweet, little, slow dance with my wife to this one this morning! I played the last four songs of It Still Moves while we were getting ready for work (such a perfect way to start the day, by the way). I think I like Rollin' Back more than Steam Engine, and I also think that the last four songs off ISM are my favorite closing sequence of four songs from anything I've ever heard.

My next thought was...I can understand why people are posting on here criticizing EU, if it's nothing like the magic of those four songs.  
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

evilPaauwe

no other song has a more perfect start
rolling back is the ultimate zone/hang out song.
i'd like to know how many times i've lit up and turned this song on.
cheers.

fitzcarraldo

I had a sweet, little, slow dance with my wife to this one this morning!   

That is sweet!  :)  I really hope they pull this one out at Radio City.  

EC

you obviously know what you're doing!  

pawpaw

you obviously know what you're doing!  

I guess that depends on who you're asking. I'd tell you that I OBVIOUSLY have it all figured out  ;)...if you asked my wife, she'd probably tell you that I'm painfully clueless. I do love to dance close and slow with her though :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Laylow27

This is weird, Rollin Back was always the song I skipped without listening to it (how ignorant). Now that I listen to it I'm amazed..........fucking sick

Angry Ewok

QuoteThis is weird, Rollin Back was always the song I skipped without listening to it (how ignorant). Now that I listen to it I'm amazed..........fucking sick

I was the same way, unless it was live.

"Too Sugary," then I'd skip.

Then one day, it found me.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

This is a post I made almost exactly two years ago when the song finally hit me hard.

QuoteSaturday was the first real nice spring day in my neck of the woods and I put the Ipod on and sat under the baking sun.  Try this sometime.  Sit in a lawn chair and lay your head back.  Put Rollin Back on Ipod/headphones/whatever.  Close your eyes.  Keep them closed.  At the 6:54 mark, when the choir like background vocals kick in with the "Ahhhhhhh"  open your eyes to the sun.  OK, so the sun wasn't the only thing baking, but this produced quite a nice "chill" up my spine and set me in great mood for the rest of the day.

TGMC421

QuoteThis is a post I made almost exactly two years ago when the song finally hit me hard.

QuoteSaturday was the first real nice spring day in my neck of the woods and I put the Ipod on and sat under the baking sun.  Try this sometime.  Sit in a lawn chair and lay your head back.  Put Rollin Back on Ipod/headphones/whatever.  Close your eyes.  Keep them closed.  At the 6:54 mark, when the choir like background vocals kick in with the "Ahhhhhhh"  open your eyes to the sun.  OK, so the sun wasn't the only thing baking, but this produced quite a nice "chill" up my spine and set me in great mood for the rest of the day.

Will do!   ;)

Edit:  Had my try at it on the trampoline.  The wind was blowing it up 'n down so it was kind of awesome.  Pretty powerful!

Prom King

you hit the nail on the head with the title of the thread.  often times i like to make mix cds for friends or family members that do not like the best music or they do not really even pay attention to music at all.  so when i do this i tend to pick shorter songs because it is hard to keep their attention for much more than 4 minutes of a song.  and so often i will go to put rollin' back on one and i am reminded that it is 7:51... it just seems insane.  something about the song makes it feel much shorter and i just can not explain it.  but again, your title is very appropriate.  

[url="http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback"]http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback[/url]

Bigsky

QuoteOK, so the sun wasn't the only thing baking,
[/quote]

that's what I'm talking about...