Jim on WFUV Thurs

Started by kerri, Oct 26, 2005, 06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerri

Hi everybody,

Tomorrow afternoon WFUV is going to be broadcasting an interview/acoustic set that Jim did the other week in NY. You can listen to a live stream on the website:  

http://www.wfuv.org/

It's supposed to start at 1 pm EST. It's a great station, by the way, and they're finally starting to give MMJ some play.

wordlesschorus

hi does anybody know of a way to dl this in mp3 format? or more specifically does anybody know how i can go about converting a streamed audio to something downloadable? I'm willing to do this for you guys tomorrow and post it up if anybody knows hehe..by the way thanks for the heads up

wordlesschorus

I downloaded this program off the internet but i wasnt able to record the show guys sorry...I didnt know how to get around the copyright protection they put up when they stream audio hehe...nevertheless it was a good interview..It wasnt the band but just Jim James talking about the expansion of the band, why he feels the state of music is in a good place right now and why change is good.  He talked about some of his favorite artists such as Etta James, Roy Orbison and Neil Young and he also talked about some bands/artists that he really enjoys such as Joanne Newsome,Sufjan Stevens, Devandra Banhart, Conor Oberst and Outkast.  He did a fantastic cover of "Make it With You" by Bread and also an acoustic slower take of Off The Record.  When asked to explain what Off The Record as a song meant he said that it was just being able to make a change for yourself and/or changing something in your life without having to answer or give a reason to anybody.  Not having to acquiesce to anybody's perceptions of what you should do but just doing what you think is right for yourself and keeping it "off the record."  Lastly they allowed to him to choose one sang to have played at the end of his interview and he chose a song by Sufjan Stevens' latest album i think it was a song called "Chicago."  Alright well that was basically what i caught..If i missed anything let me know!

P.S. If anybody was able to dl an mp3 of his acoustic songs or the whole interview himself feel free to post it up here or pm me and ill re-up whatever i get..Thanks!

fitzcarraldo

Shit. I so missed that.

kerri

They're replaying this tonight. According to FUV's website, it'll be on the Whole Wide World show between 8 - 11 pm EST, but I'm not sure if it'll be at the top of the program or what.  

Dee.

The Whole Wide World with Rita archives haven't been updated for this week, so maybe they'll put it up soon?    

Dee.

Hey guys, I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I just can't help myself.  ;)  Here's a link to download the mp3s (zip file).

click!

rob

What are the Mp3s of......the 2 songs? And how do u play/open a zip file. I heard the entire show the other day on the WFUV archives.......Make It With You was AMAZING.......would love an mp3 of just that.   ;)
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Dee.

The zip file has the two songs and the interview stuff too.  Zip files are easy to deal with, but never mind that..

Make It With You link
Off the Record link

enjoy!

rob

You're an angel.........thanks!
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Ashley

OMG!!!! You ARE an angel -

Mmmwwah!
Sloppy kisses to you:)

dragonboy

Make It With You is simply beautiful!
Thanks as always Deanna  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

Deanna, have I met you?  I feel like I think I know who you are...

Dee.

Not to my recognition, but I'd certainly love to meet some Jacket lovin' friends.  Will you be my friend, EC?  :)

wordlesschorus

EC

QuoteNot to my recognition, but I'd certainly love to meet some Jacket lovin' friends.  Will you be my friend, EC?  :)
Honey, we already are. :)

(I think I'm mixing you up with someone else.)

EC

Weird.  That post at the top of this mage went MIA.  Weeeird.

p.s.  I liked this interview.  I think that the Bread cover is a big ploy to make girls swoon.

I, personally, am not buying it.

ratsprayer

QuoteWeird.  That post at the top of this mage went MIA.  Weeeird.

p.s.  I liked this interview.  I think that the Bread cover is a big ploy to make girls swoon.

I, personally, am not buying it.

it was a streamed audio broadcast over the net, right?  you didnt have to buy it.  i bet you 20 reverb you were swooning!   ;D

EC

20 reverb.  haha.

It doesn't go up to 20.  It goes to 11.