Two Halves on the radio

Started by UsedForYou, Apr 14, 2008, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InTheZone

apologies if there's a similar thread out there already, but 89.3 FM the current (Minnesota Public Radio) just played 'Two Halves' on the air...it was pretty awesome, pretty poppy 8-)...i don't know if this means it will be the first single because the current will play just about anything, but has anyone else heard any of the new songs on the radio yet?!
god bless the usa

The DARK

No!!! Can you give us a further description? It seems to be the only song we don't know anything about yet.
In another time, in another place, in another face

InTheZone

it was a kinda short song, i'd guess a little under 4 minutes, but i was hoping it would be like 7 minutes long so i dont know how accurate my internal stopwatch was...the vocals were pretty un-effected and the lyrics were pretty easy to understand, of course i can't remember any of them right now...i didn't pick up anything too wild in any of the instrumentation either...i'm sorry this description sucks but i was kind of freaking out the whole time it was playing, i almost had a heart attack when the DJ introduced it  :-[...like i said above it is pretty poppy as far as mmj goes, definitely as radio-friendly a song as i've heard of the new stuff so far...
god bless the usa

The DARK

Thanks for telling us, though. You're already a hero in my book. Was it something in the vein of Anytime?

Nikkogino

Dillsnufus

we have to request this song a bunch of times so that they might play it again so if you haven't please request so someone can record it when they play it again
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

InTheZone

it wasn't as energetic as anytime, i feel like it was kind of similar to chills (z-side not the demo) -- kind of restrained and fairly simple musically, but really polished and pretty...ah the more i think about it the more i just want to hear it again!
god bless the usa

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

BH

So they have been saving what is actually the first "single"all this time!  That's great.  

One of the very first revies weeks ago said Two Halves and Aluminum Park were the heaviest rocking songs.  Not sure this jives with what your saying but I believe you more than most critics anyway and I don't even know you! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

InTheZone

Quotedo they have repeats?

not sure what you mean? if you're asking does the current let you go back and replay the stream you just heard, then i think the answer is unfortunately no because i just spent about 40 minutes trying to do that and i didn't get even remotely close.  the current does take requests though, and on saturday evenings they only play requests, so if like 200 people called/emailed in and told them to play the new MMJ track on saturday night i cant see how they could refuse.

http://www.publicradio.org/applications/formbuilder/user/form_display.php?form_code=e7d78b6c2e2d
god bless the usa

InTheZone

QuoteSo they have been saving what is actually the first "single"all this time!  That's great.  

One of the very first revies weeks ago said Two Halves and Aluminum Park were the heaviest rocking songs.  Not sure this jives with what your saying but I believe you more than most critics anyway and I don't even know you! :)

ahh boy i thought i had read something like that about it, now i feel like i'm going to be totally wrong when we actually get to hear this one again...oh well i was listening to it on my computer speakers so maybe i missed the heavy?! :-/ i dont know any more i think i'm losing my mind a little bit tonight.  ok now i need to go listen to aluminum park again and see if that conjures up any memories for me
god bless the usa

megalicious

call the station's program director. s/he might be able to throw on a request for you.

and then ask him/her to send me an advance copy of the album.

k thanx.
:-*
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Dillsnufus

not sure what you mean? if you're asking does the current let you go back and replay the stream you just heard, then i think the answer is unfortunately no because i just spent about 40 minutes trying to do that and i didn't get even remotely close.  the current does take requests though, and on saturday evenings they only play requests, so if like 200 people called/emailed in and told them to play the new MMJ track on saturday night i cant see how they could refuse.

http://www.publicradio.org/applications/formbuilder/user/form_display.php?form_code=e7d78b6c2e2d

no I meant do they replay there shows/songs
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

InTheZone

no I meant do they replay there shows/songs

uh i'm still not real clear on the question here but i guess the easiest way to answer is i dont know of any way to go and listen to it again right now, and there's no scheduled replays of today's broadcast or anything like that and i've never heard them replay a previous broadcast either, so i think short answer is no? sorry if i'm still missing question...
god bless the usa

TFowl

Hopefully they will play it on my XM and I can record it and have it before the album comes, or any of the other new ones.

thatswhatshesaid

the yellow springs, ohio station played it yesterday. it was very nice.

The DARK

On two radio stations??? This must be the first single!

Way to fake us all out, Jim.  ;)

Andrushka

I think we're due to learn single info at this point.  I'm surprised it's taken so long for us to hear any news on a single.

ManNamedTruth

i'm guessing they'll do two halves on SNL then
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Clarkwork

Just called my local NPR station and they don't have it yet.  Said it could be on the station managers desk but not yet.  I was hoping to hear it.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....