PDX listening party

Started by the_wizzard, Apr 30, 2008, 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

So both VC and I got the golden ticket, perse.  I am following up on a lead to host it where a friend is a bartender (East End).  I am curious, besides VC, me and a grip of friends.....any interest out there in the SW Washington/Oregon area to make this a serious, public event?  Let me know.....
I am ready to throw that CD on, hit play, turn up the volume and groove....are you?

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

emayers

I am in for PDX MMJ EU Party.

When and where?

the_wizzard

QuoteI am in for PDX MMJ EU Party.

When and where?

I am working on it... I will be sure to let you know.  It would be easier if I had better knowledge of when to expect my lil' package from ATO.  But I know a few people here and there and am trying to find a bar that is chill and would allow us to play the cd (preferable loud).  Any suggestions are of course, welcome.  You don't, by chance, know of any joint that has a dancefloor like this (cuz' it would be my dream spot, fo' sure)....

emayers

In SE portland:
The NightLight or Savoy.

Or LAdd's Inn?  Dancefloor, and carpet on the walls....

the_wizzard

QuoteIn SE portland:
The NightLight or Savoy.

Or LAdd's Inn?  Dancefloor, and carpet on the walls....

I've never been to Ladd's Inn...but carpet on the walls is very intriguing!

the_wizzard

I scoped out some spots tonight and think that the Night Light would be our best option.  The bartender even knew some peeps going to RCMH.  So, I am going to call the manager in just a few and see what she thinks.
My one glitch....I wanted to show some solidarity and throw it on 5/30 like the Louisville folks.  I will be out of town that weekend for a wedding.  So, I am thinking perhaps the first Thursday in June.....depending on the willingness of (hopefully) the Night Light.
Any thoughts?

vespachick

QuoteI scoped out some spots tonight and think that the Night Light would be our best option.  The bartender even knew some peeps going to RCMH.  So, I am going to call the manager in just a few and see what she thinks.
My one glitch....I wanted to show some solidarity and throw it on 5/30 like the Louisville folks.  I will be out of town that weekend for a wedding.  So, I am thinking perhaps the first Thursday in June.....depending on the willingness of (hopefully) the Night Light.
Any thoughts?
Didja call?  Waddthey say?   :-?  

the_wizzard

I did...but I guess that yes, she was coming back, but not to work (just to drop something off).  the girl I spoke with told me to call back tomorrow between 2 and 6.  I have a good feeling on this one.  Felt like the right place (I haven't been there in awhile, but have always enjoyed myself there).
Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.  How are you feeling about doing it the first week in June, close to the weekend?

vespachick

Sounds good. I can't wait to hear what they say.  I'm down for the 5th.  I like Thursdays.  It's like a warm-up to Friday!!

the_wizzard

QuoteI like Thursdays.  It's like a warm-up to Friday!!
:D :D :D

particles

Hey there. This sounds like a great idea. I have two spots for you, and I can book you for each if you wanna do both. One is at Red Flag on NE 28th and Flanders, and the other is The Know on Alberta. We can unplug the Jukebox at either (or both) places and do it up. Hit me up and we'll work something out. Contact me directly (best) or hit up http://www.theknowbar.com

the_wizzard

QuoteHey there. This sounds like a great idea. I have two spots for you, and I can book you for each if you wanna do both. One is at Red Flag on NE 28th and Flanders, and the other is The Know on Alberta. We can unplug the Jukebox at either (or both) places and do it up. Hit me up and we'll work something out. Contact me directly (best) or hit up http://www.theknowbar.com
Hi Particles!  Thanks for posting!  I will let you know tonight once I spoke with the Night Light manager.  Never been to the Know, and never heard of the Red Flag....any details?

particles

The Know is a quirky live music oriented bar on NE 21st & Alberta. Fun place, plenty of room to dance, PA (music can be played very loud, until 10pm) lots of booths. Very popular. If you want to do it there, Monday-Wednesday are your best bets. It's usually booked for bands Thursday-Saturday, Karaoke on Sunday. They have full liquor now. It's really the best place for this. Lots of picks http://flickr.com/search/?q=theknow+portland&m=text

Red Flag is a newer bar in the Laurelhurst neighborhood. Much smaller, but non-smoking. There is a DJ playing awesome metal there every Wednesday. Centrally located. This would be a good place if you want to do it once more before the album comes out.

the_wizzard

I spoke with the manager at the Night Light and she is down.  She is just waiting for the website to come back up so she can show the owner what kind of band (and kind of music) we are talking about.  She promised to get back to me one way or another by Monday.  Stay tuned.....

the_wizzard

ummm.....word is that I will know by tomorrow whether the Night Light is the spot.  and Dylan from Badman is going to bring some free goodies for us diehards (while supplies last  ;))

particles

Cool, well let me know if it falls through. The owners of the Know are down. They are fans of the band. Just check the calendar at the Know website (I'm the web dude there) and pick a date nothing is happening. Night Light is not my bag, so I'm gonna skip it if it's there  :P But good luck either way.

vespachick

I love free goodies - I'll rally the friends no matter where I need to go!  I'm getting all jittery inside!  I got the email this morning from Team MMJ that they will be sending out the packages this week!  Perfect timing too, because I'm starting a new job next week and I don't want the guys in the mail room here to jack my package!! ;) ;)

:-[And by 'jack my package' I mean take my stuff.

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

the_wizzard

QuoteCool, well let me know if it falls through. The owners of the Know are down. They are fans of the band. Just check the calendar at the Know website (I'm the web dude there) and pick a date nothing is happening. Night Light is not my bag, so I'm gonna skip it if it's there  :P But good luck either way.

Thanks again for the offer Particles.  I just want to honor the first offer I threw out there, which was with The Night Light.  You should really consider coming, it will be fun and well.....it will be fun.