The Stay Strong Until June 10 Thread

Started by mylifeisought, Apr 20, 2008, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteI've heard some songs last weekend in Amsterdam, but apart from that I'm still staying strong.

Keep up the good work  ;)

You and your surprise spectacular Jim solo show.  Just keep rubbing it in why don't you.  You think you are soooo cool.  

;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Mr. T.

QuoteI've heard some songs last weekend in Amsterdam, but apart from that I'm still staying strong.

You and your surprise spectacular Jim solo show.  Just keep rubbing it in why don't you.  You think you are soooo cool.  

;)

:)

I thought I'd mention it once more, you know,  for those who missed it the first time around.
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

BH

I'm just jealous, ya know, right?

Actually I'm super happy that you guys made it so we could hear all about it.   Can't wait to see what surfaces down the road.   You guys didn't hear of anything that Jim and Carl might be up to between that show and the one on Thursday did you?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Chills

QuoteCan't wait to see what surfaces down the road.   You guys didn't hear of anything that Jim and Carl might be up to between that show and the one on Thursday did you?

Nope. We heard about clipping fingernails, the Amsterdam canals and the nature of the interweb. But no word on what they were up to between those two shows.

Clarkwork

I am holding strong but my wife really wants the album to be released because she is tired of hearing EU, I'm Amazed, and Touch Me over and over and over and over again.  My 3 year old and 1 year old love it though.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

bowl of soup

QuoteI am holding strong but my wife really wants the album to be released because she is tired of hearing EU, I'm Amazed, and Touch Me over and over and over and over again.  My 3 year old and 1 year old love it though.

My kids dance with much more passion and energy to DMB (it's the wife, not me) then they do to MMJ.  I've had long talks with my 5-year-old about how this is wrong and about how the choices we make today have long-term implications...

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ms. yvon

;)

:)

I thought I'd mention it once more, you know,  for those who missed it the first time around.
;D

next sunday is the EU listening party in my town.  WOO!  after that, just a couple more weeks.

we can do it!

all i need is this thermos.

and this pingpong paddle.

and this chair...
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Clarkwork

QuoteI am holding strong but my wife really wants the album to be released because she is tired of hearing EU, I'm Amazed, and Touch Me over and over and over and over again.  My 3 year old and 1 year old love it though.

My kids dance with much more passion and energy to DMB (it's the wife, not me) then they do to MMJ.  I've had long talks with my 5-year-old about how this is wrong and about how the choices we make today have long-term implications...

Please continue to talk to them, this is a terrible mistake.  My 3 year old has always jammed to MMJ.  To this day his favorite video is them on Conan doing Anytime with the masks on.  But for all things holy please stop them from listening to DMB.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

ManNamedTruth

Please continue to talk to them, this is a terrible mistake.  My 3 year old has always jammed to MMJ.  To this day his favorite video is them on Conan doing Anytime with the masks on.  But for all things holy please stop them from listening to DMB.

can anyone send me this? i don't think i've ever seen it on youtube.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ghosts_on_TV

There is nothing wrong with DMB.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

DavidCrosby

listen to vinyl

Bigsky

There is nothing wrong with DMB.

I actually enjoy DMB very much and I don't think anyone can deny his talent. But with that said, I think it is terrible to force anything on your children. My approach is to show them everything, and let them choose. Let them be free, let them explore their world, not yours.

ycartrob

BH

Here is something you can try while you wait out these last couple of painful weeks.

I'm not sure which steps are the most important so if you don't do everything exactly the same, I can't guarantee it will work.

OK, first off, here is what you will need to perform this experiment.

1)  750ml bottle of Maker's Mark
1)  12 oz. can of Diet Pepsi
1)  You know
1)  Copy of Chocolate and Ice
1)  Set of headphones
1)  Open mind

Step 1

Take a wiskey glass, fill it to the top with ice, pour Maker's Mark to top of glass.

Step 2

Open Diet Pepsi can close to glass full of Maker's and then set aside for rest of the experiment.

Step 3

Put on the headphones and start C&I from the beginning.

Step 4

Drink your drink.

Step 5

Repeat steps 1 and 4.

Step 6

Repeat steps 1 and 4.

Step 7

Now, you know.

Step 8

As soon as C&I is over.  Go back and replay Cobra.

Step 9

Repeat step 1 and 4

Step 10

*cough*

Step 11

Right at the 7 minute mark of Cobra it should be ready!  Go run to the mirror and look at yourself and you should see this-->

Now listen to Touch Me Part II and look again.  ->

Crazy shit, I know!   And you guys thought the spinning naked chic was cool. ::)

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Bigsky

QuoteHere is something you can try while you wait out these last couple of painful weeks.

I'm not sure which steps are the most important so if you don't do everything exactly the same, I can't guarantee it will work.

1)  You know
1)  Set of headphones
1)  Open mind

Does it work if you substitute 1)  750ml bottle of Maker's Mark with 1) sac of kind and 1)  12 oz. can of Diet Pepsi with 1) glass tube?

BH

QuoteHere is something you can try while you wait out these last couple of painful weeks.

1)  You know
1)  Set of headphones
1)  Open mind

Does it work if you substitute 1)  750ml bottle of Maker's Mark with 1) sac of kind and 1)  12 oz. can of Diet Pepsi with 1) glass tube?

Probably.  I'll try it again tonight.

ycartrob

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
           [size=24]15 Days![/size]
[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

ms. yvon

Quotebevil:  

Step 2

Open Diet Pepsi can close to glass full of Maker's and then set aside for rest of the experiment.
;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."