Main Menu

Look At You

Started by Dorothy_Mantooth, Jun 11, 2008, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorothy_Mantooth

i think this is among my favorite of the trax. this is a good song for driving with your windows down at night, or playing an evening croquet match on the lawn or standing in line for a grape snow cone while making the last minute decision to order tiger's blood instead. Thanks to the doctors for fixing this one up for us. i hope that someone will save the last dance for me when this song comes on but warning: i might cry on your shoulder.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) neat.

"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

getinthevan

Still undecided on this track.  It just hasn't grabbed me yet like some of the others have.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

rob

Thought it was sappy when I first heard the leak, but now I love it. Maybe I'm just getting sappier by the month.....ha.....

Thought the same thing about Thank You Too at first, but now it's practically my fave track on the album. First listens are extremely tricky....
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Dorothy_Mantooth

maybe it will eventually grab you, OR ELSE THIS THING WILL

he's got an appetite for jamz.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

getinthevan

What the hell is that?!?!  It looks like some sort of demented ostrich.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

ManNamedTruth

QuoteStill undecided on this track.  It just hasn't grabbed me yet like some of the others have.

I'm not sure of the lyrics, but musically its good.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

brkndwnbus

This is one of my least favorite MMJ songs, and my least favorite on the new album. I just can't get into this on at all.

Goat Boy

It's pedal steel loveliness appeals to me.  The lyrics don't bother me but then I'm not really into lyrics.  Although it doesn't surprise me that the explicit spiritual overtones of this song make some feel uncomfortable.

whothrewthecake

this song is beautiful and amazing. sometimes i just want to close my eyes and appreciate a song for what it does to my earholes. i like to analyze things and listen with headphones and junk, but sometimes i just like to take it in. THIS SONG IS PERFECT FOR THAT. while it's on, i need some snow on the ground and a blueberry muffin stat.

NoVa_NoLa

Really digging on this song today...came on during my ride to work today and it just sounded so good... :)

lisaskye

I have  feeling that is going to be  a guy/girl thing.  It may be that girls get in to the rhythm and sway of this one.

I felt inspired by the song and wanted to be that person, " such a glowing example of peace and glory."  
I know the slide guitar wraps around my heart and makes it hard to breath.  Then Patrick's drum beats keep my hips swaying and I close my eyes and try to picture myself in love again.... some looking at me, everywhere at once...

Your Luv Dawg

fitzcarraldo

:) Def one of my favorites from Evil Urges. Yes, such a beautiful song!  I think of my 6 year old nephew (and other loved ones) and smile when I hear it. Bravo MMJ!  

ycartrob

vespachick

[smiley=smiley_up.gif] Tracy, um, Ick!  Nobody's stomach should look like that, all sinewy and shite.  Grab me another glass of wine, wouldja? ::)

[size=8]His boobs may just be bigger than mine!! :-[[/size]
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

laylow82

Not my fav track but i really like it.  It flows nicely and its a perfect fit right after librarian. Fits that theme of the power of love.  The slide guitar does it for me but then again the slide guitar always does it for me.Its really a  grower and it could turn out to be one of my fav mmj slow songs

Nikkogino

QuoteIt's pedal steel loveliness appeals to me.  The lyrics don't bother me but then I'm not really into lyrics.  Although it doesn't surprise me that the explicit spiritual overtones of this song make some feel uncomfortable.

I still don't see why spiritual overtones make people uncomfortable.  In "Smokin'" he says "Faith Can't prove what science won't resolve" and in "Remnants" he talks about all faiths having a right to Heaven.  The guy isn't forcing anything upon anyone.  

That being said, the lyrics to "Look at You" are great because they could be aimed at anyone:  God, your momma, your girl...

I think the lyric:  "Not above in some tower, but here, right down here, with us"  is freaking brilliant.

Goat Boy

QuoteIt's pedal steel loveliness appeals to me.  The lyrics don't bother me but then I'm not really into lyrics.  Although it doesn't surprise me that the explicit spiritual overtones of this song make some feel uncomfortable.

I still don't see why spiritual overtones make people uncomfortable.  In "Smokin'" he says "Faith Can't prove what science won't resolve" and in "Remnants" he talks about all faiths having a right to Heaven.  The guy isn't forcing anything upon anyone.  

That being said, the lyrics to "Look at You" are great because they could be aimed at anyone:  God, your momma, your girl...

I think the lyric:  "Not above in some tower, but here, right down here, with us"  is freaking brilliant.

I'm just basing that on the posts regarding the song that have mentioned a 'christian' influence that seems to put some people off etc.  It doesn't bother me AT ALL but this kind of thing does bother some for some weird reason.  I guess some folk think spirituality is a bit homosexual or something.