Some say Evil Urges sounds like...

Started by ycartrob, Jun 14, 2008, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Some say that Evil Urges has a Flaming Lips-shimmering-synth-from a dog's point of view-old skool-MMJ-No Code Pearl Jam-great-Quaalude smooth-soul vibe-haunting-awesome climax-very smooth-great beat-reverbless-Christian elements-from "Z"-Curtis Mayfieldesque-not all quiet-epiphany-journey-uplifting-utterly ambiguous-reminds me of Radiohead-drunken uncle tactic of talking loudly about very little to get attention-reverberant-right out of the 80's-post James Taylor-sappy-breezy-naïve-rootsy-sensual-civic-New Age romanticism-soulful-catchy-country-western-familiar-libertarian undertones-riff driven riff driven-oddly disturbing-Pink Floydish-spatial-existential angst atmospherics-buoyant-disco like-goofy-fun-Southern fried-Crosby Stills and Nashness-disappointing-electronica inspired opus-empty-generic-Mars-Volta-new wave-glitch-embarrassing-Dan Fogelberg-minimalistic-sub par-reggae infused-low rent Prince-Prince like breathiness-Princeish-Prince like-Prince drenched-Princesque- Prince uh ly-pulled-inspiring-let down-Phish novelty-highly frustrating-haunting-cheesy Christian rock-wildly divergent-gorgeous-killer-Like your mother in law on Christmas-seriously lacking-accesible-futuristic-epic-innovative-sucks ass-desperate-compressed to shit piece of pastiche-radio friendly dumb rock-unwanted-bipolar-linear-80's hip hop-stylistically fractured-rawkin'-timeless-fun-fiery-guitar freakouts-space rock-syrupy-insistent-prog-funk-sexy-bizarre-wiley assaultive-sonic-bombshell-itchy-60's style-90's style-jaw dropping-uncompromising-bone deep-exhilarating-accomplished-carnivalesque-childlike zeal-chopping-changing-psychedelic-flourishing glassy eyes yacht-pop-exhausting-exhilirating-Zeppelinesque-blistering-elastic-sylish-gentle lounge beat-Guided-By-Voices-Marvin-Gaye-Wilco-Replacements-Tone-Loc-Sly-and-The-Family-Stone-Band-of-Horses-Ween-Bee-Gees-downright urban-anamolous-scattered-uneven feel to it.

but they're wrong.

Coltrane

QuoteSome say that Evil Urges has a Flaming Lips-shimmering-synth-from a dog's point of view-old skool-MMJ-No Code Pearl Jam-great-Quaalude smooth-soul vibe-haunting-awesome climax-very smooth-great beat-reverbless-Christian elements-from "Z"-Curtis Mayfieldesque-not all quiet-epiphany-journey-uplifting-utterly ambiguous-reminds me of Radiohead-drunken uncle tactic of talking loudly about very little to get attention-reverberant-right out of the 80's-post James Taylor-sappy-breezy-naïve-rootsy-sensual-civic-New Age romanticism-soulful-catchy-country-western-familiar-libertarian undertones-riff driven riff driven-oddly disturbing-Pink Floydish-spatial-existential angst atmospherics-buoyant-disco like-goofy-fun-Southern fried-Crosby Stills and Nashness-disappointing-electronica inspired opus-empty-generic-Mars-Volta-new wave-glitch-embarrassing-Dan Fogelberg-minimalistic-sub par-reggae infused-low rent Prince-Prince like breathiness-Princeish-Prince like-Prince drenched-Princesque- Prince uh ly-pulled-inspiring-let down-Phish novelty-highly frustrating-haunting-cheesy Christian rock-wildly divergent-gorgeous-killer-Like your mother in law on Christmas-seriously lacking-accesible-futuristic-epic-innovative-sucks ass-desperate-compressed to shit piece of pastiche-radio friendly dumb rock-unwanted-bipolar-linear-80's hip hop-stylistically fractured-rawkin'-timeless-fun-fiery-guitar freakouts-space rock-syrupy-insistent-prog-funk-sexy-bizarre-wiley assaultive-sonic-bombshell-epic-itchy-60's style-90's style-jaw dropping-uncompromising-bone deep-exhilarating-accomplished-carnivalesque-childlike zeal-chopping-changing-psychedelic-flourishing glassy eyes yacht-pop-exhausting-exhilirating-Zeppelinesque-blistering-elastic-sylish-gentle lounge beat-Guided-By-Voices-Marvin-Gaye-Wilco-Replacements-Tone-Loc-Sly-and-The-Family-Stone-Band-of-Horses-Ween-Bee-Gees-downright urban-anamolous-scattered-uneven feel to it.

but they're wrong.

yep. what he said.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Bigsky

Tracy, that was some cool shit. Very nice work. It would be sweet to hear that read with some MMJ playing in the background.

TheBigChicken

you forgot stupid,ugly,loser....shut up bitch,go fix me a turkey pot pie ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bluntmaster

ycartrob

Quoteyou forgot stupid,ugly,loser....shut up bitch,go fix me a turkey pot pie ;D

No, dad, what about you?

ultravisitor

That looks like it took some time to type out.

Too bad I'm not going to bother reading it since it's one huge block of text that isn't broken up to be very reader-friendly.

ycartrob

Too bad I'm not going to bother reading it since it's one huge block of text that isn't broken up to be very reader-friendly.

Here you go then, I sure don't want anyone here to ever be disappointed with anything ever again at all ever. I want this to be the most welcoming, accomodating, feel good message board on the planet.  :)

[size=16]Some say that Evil Urges has a

Flaming Lips-

shimmering-

synth-

from a dog's point of view-

old skool MMJ-

No Code Pearl Jam-

great-

Quaalude smooth-

soul vibe-

haunting-

awesome climax-

very smooth-

great beat-

reverbless-

Christian elements-

from "Z"-

Curtis Mayfieldesque-

not all quiet-

epiphany-

journey-

uplifting-

utterly ambiguous-

reminds me of Radiohead-

drunken uncle tactic of talking loudly about very little to get attention-

reverberant-

right out of the 80's-

post James Taylor-

sappy-

breezy-

naïve-

rootsy-

sensual-

civic-

New Age romanticism-

soulful-

catchy-

country-

western-

familiar-

libertarian undertones-

riff driven riff driven-

oddly disturbing-

Pink Floydish-

spatial-

existential angst atmospherics-

buoyant-

disco like-

goofy-

fun-

Southern fried-

Crosby Stills and Nashness-

disappointing-

electronica inspired opus-

empty-

generic-

Mars Volta-

new wave-

glitch-

embarrassing-

Dan Fogelberg-

minimalistic-

sub par-

reggae infused-

low rent Prince-

Prince like breathiness-

Princeish-

Prince like-

Prince drenched-

Princesque-

Prince uh pulled-

inspiring-

let down-

Phish novelty-

highly frustrating-

haunting-

cheesy Christian rock-

wildly divergent-

gorgeous-

killer-

Like your mother in law on Christmas-

seriously lacking-

accessible-

futuristic-

epic-

innovative-

sucks ass-

desperate-

compressed to shit piece of pastiche-

radio friendly dumb rock-

unwanted-

bipolar-

linear-

80's hip hop-

stylistically fractured-

rawkin'-

timeless-

fun-

fiery-

guitar freakouts-

space rock-

syrupy-

insistent-

prog-

funk-

sexy-

bizarre-

wiley assaultive-

sonic-

bombshell-

itchy-

60's style-

90's style-

jaw dropping-

uncompromising-

bone deep-

exhilarating-

accomplished-

carnivalesque-

childlike zeal-

chopping-

changing-

psychedelic-

flourishing glassy eyes yacht-

pop-exhausting-

exhilirating-

Zeppelinesque-

blistering-

elastic-

sylish-

gentle lounge beat-

Guided By Voices-

Marvin Gaye-

Wilco-

Replacements-

Tone Loc-

Sly and The Family Stone-

Band of Horses-

Ween-

Bee Gees-

downright urban-

anamolous-

scattered-

uneven-

feel to it.[/size]

pamiela

That is a lot of adjectives.  Great!

bluntmaster

the first one is fucking classic my eyes could barely keep up and my brain could barely comprehend.  I'm pretty bad at reading and writing, but still it was like an rollercoaster for my eyes and brain.  :D
I think that's what my eyes looked like when I was trying to read it the first time.

primushead

Kudos for taking the time to type all of that out.  

ycartrob

QuoteKudos for taking the time to type all of that out.  

it's called cut and paste.

fitzcarraldo

Quoteyou forgot stupid,ugly,loser....shut up bitch,go fix me a turkey pot pie ;D

No, dad, what about you?

FUCK YOU!!!

;)

Great post Tracy (the first one).