Okonokos - End Credits Song?

Started by Croweyes1121, Jul 03, 2008, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croweyes1121

Anyone know if the song over the end credits on the Okonokos DVD has a name?

TheBri-Man

I think it is Cobra.  I haven't watched it in a while...but I think that is it.

Angry Ewok

Cobra. It's on the Chocolate and Ice EP.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

blueskyink

mmmmmmm, cobra....chocolate & ice, mmmmmm

Cobra is a sexy song by the way.  There is also a great version of it on the Bonnaroo '04 disc.

aslongasukeepa

haha, thats the reason i bought the chocolate and ice EP, i heard that song at the end of okonokos, and had to hear the full thing.
"put away your corset, put away your shoes, put away those old September blues"

Bigsky

I just got done listening to Cobra...it's so sweet and just curls around you...with its little bites here and there...

blueskyink

I might be able to help you out later today, after I get out of work.  Post on here if some one beats me to the punch.

Croweyes1121

Just an update: this project is COMPLETE now and it sounds incredible if I do say so myself, with custom crossfades between tracks that I felt should be consecutive based on the set lists but weren't consecutive on any of the official releases.  This has required a lot of work, but I really think the finished product has been worth it.  A few interesting things even popped up as I was doing this.  Songs that I figured out as having been played consecutively at times had the exact same crowd noise between them, etc...it's like once I really started delving into this, I could actually spot the edits in the official recordings.  Another interesting thing of note is how, on my version, Bermuda Highway comes directly after Gideon, which might explain that rough note in BH since Jim was sick and had probably just blown his voice on Gideon.  Anyway, cool stuff.  Anyone who wants to find this, please let me know and I will be happy to oblige.  Here's my track list, by the way, just in case anyone here is interested...

Note that all of these were extracted directly from the 24bit/48kHz Linear PCM tracks on the Okonokos and Acoustic Chorale DVD's and then downsampled to 16bit/44.1kHz PCM for CD listening.  "Dancefloors" was taken from the CD release.

01. Intro (The Party) (4:51)
02. Wordless Chorus (4:08)
03. It Beats For You (4:24)
04. One Big Holiday (5:54)
05. The Way That He Sings (5:06)
06. I Will Sing You Songs (8:37)
07. Lowdown (4:12)
08. Golden (4:49)
09. Sooner (5:05)
10. Xmas Curtain (5:01)
11. What A Wonderful Man (2:57)
12. Gideon (3:48)
13. Bermuda Highway (3:39)
14. Where To Begin (4:00)
15. Lay Low (6:17)
16. Dancefloors (5:15)
17. Off The Record (6:53)
18. O Is The One That Is Real (3:34)
19. Dondante (11:03)
20. Steam Engine (11:14)
21. Run Thru (10:04)
22. I Think I'm Going To Hell (5:14)
23. At Dawn (3:09)
24. Strangulation (6:12)
25. Anytime (3:56)
26. Mahgeetah (6:40)
27. Outro (The Attack) (0:50)
28. End Credits (Cobra Edit) (3:18)

Total Running Time: 2:30:09

blueskyink

I will get Dancefloors for you, I should be able to have it in your "hands" by 6 (i'm on the east coast).  I would love to get a copy of this when your done too.  You put an insane amount of work into this.

How come you couldn't come by Dancefloors, do you not have the cd or vinyl release?

Croweyes1121

Awesome!  I actually *just* got the vinyl in from Badman (INCREDIBLE package, BTW).  But I just felt that the quality of that one track would just stand out too much if I did a vinyl rip considering that I've taken everything else from the DVD releases.

Oh, and for some reason, I never did buy this one on CD.  The PCM and 5.1 tracks on the DVD's sounded so great I never felt the need, I guess.  Until now.  lol

blueskyink

I sent you a pm, you should have gotten it by now. I sent it around 545 est.

Croweyes1121

If anyone is interested in where to find this project, PM me.

Thank you, blueskyink, for making this possible!

EDIT: Glad to see people jumping all over this!!  This is awesome, man!!

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Croweyes1121

Anyone who wants this, just google "Okonokos Project" (and use the quotation marks when you search).  Should get you what you seek.