EU ROCKS!  roll-call

Started by Bigsky, Jun 13, 2008, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

:)

EU does rock. I'm not in love with every song, though there isn't a bad song on the album. Truthfully, there were several songs on Z that I wasn't wild about right away, but after hearing them played live and spending some more time them, they grew on me. Evil Urges is continuting to show me new things and keep me excited. Good albums do that.

I've got no problem with love-fest fanboy (and girl!) threads, and wanting to keep them positive (and I know I'm semi crashing the party here). I can also understand why people are dissapointed in Evil Urges, and I think it's ok to come here, to this band sponsored forum, and discuss dissapointments. Everyone that posts on here is a fan - nobody is encouraging others to abandon the band and stop supporting them, and the fact that people feel motivated enough to create an account and brave a flogging by posting a relatively negative opinion means that while they're not thrilled about EU, they've had a strong connection to past work and want to continue to support the band. Rudeness is unacceptable (from both sides, and I've been guilty of this), but well thought out criticisms are a vital part of this forum, in my opinion.

Some people want the old sound, and nothing but. We might never get a new, reverb heavy, roots-style, studio album like that again, and you don't have to like that. Personally, I love the new sounds they've given us with EU, and am looking forward to letting them grow on me.

And damn are these songs catchy! If today's pop music consumers knew what was good for them, this album would be HUGE!

"Eeeevil urges baby, they're part of the human way..."

:)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

DaFunkyPrecedent

ehhh....Abby Road is better....

BUT EU STILL ROCKS!!!!!!
God damn those shaky knees.