MMJ working on follow-up to Evil Urges

Started by Tieoptional, Jul 09, 2008, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

QuoteI AM new here, but doesn't it seem like there is a pretty high quotient of whiners?

The band does not exist for YOU, they do not play for YOU... they are artists creating art.

It is fine if you don't like the art that they are creating, but why should they bend to your personal wants in deciding what to create?

You like them or you don't - but it seems silly to suggest to an artist that they should change or not change if they don't want to. Let them be driven to where ever their creative urges might take them, evil or not.
And I thought suggesting that I could actually read Jim's mind was enough of a tip-off...

My Morning Jacket...You must bend to my wishes! And my wish is that you grow your hair twice as long as it was before!!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ycartrob

QuoteTHERE. WILL. BE. SNACKS.

nice one

Isobella

Whiners? Artist?  Let's don't confuse a few rock ditties with Van Gogh.
Maybe they would prefer it if we took our money back, so they never could never leave Kentucky.

ycartrob

QuoteLet's don't confuse a few rock ditties with Van Gogh.

At Dawn has touched and moved me more than any painting by Van Gogh.

shockadow

QuoteAt Dawn has touched and moved me more than any painting by Van Gogh.

At Dawn has moved me to touch myself more than any painting!!

:o :o
:D :D
;)
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

JacketGal

My GAWD! This is great news. If the inspiration strikes no need to hold back. Let those songs outta ya haid, JJ!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

DavidCrosby

QuoteTHERE. WILL. BE. SNACKS.

....doritos?????...
listen to vinyl

DavidCrosby

QuoteWhiners? Artist?  Let's don't confuse a few rock ditties with Van Gogh.
Maybe they would prefer it if we took our money back, so they never could never leave Kentucky.

....I saw this Van Gogh action figure the other day and you could replace his head with a different head from after he cut his ear off, I thought it was really funny.....
listen to vinyl

ManNamedTruth

i feel sorry for you.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

i feel sorry for you.

thankfully we are all moved by different things.

actually, I have been more moved sitting in silence, meditating on my existence, than by anything ever produced by another human being.

but...

DaFunkyPrecedent

QuoteLink here: http://www.nme.com/news/my-morning-jacket/37943

Text:

My Morning Jacket begin work on album six.

Jim James and co. are already writing their next effort.

Despite releasing their fifth album, 'Evil Urges', last month, My Morning Jacket have already begun work on its follow-up.

Speaking to BBC 6music, frontman Jim James said that he was in the process of writing what will be the band's sixth studio album.

"I'm already writing songs for the new record and stuff," he said. "The process is weird because whenever we make a record, the songs come from one or two years of life that you've lived.

"Then by the time you get to make that record you're in that zone but when it comes out, it's a year or two later. So, for me personally, I'm working on the next thing."

(Sorry if this was already posted. I didn't see it if it was.)

it's about fucking time.
God damn those shaky knees.

DaFunkyPrecedent

i feel sorry for you.

thankfully we are all moved by different things.

actually, I have been more moved sitting in silence, meditating on my existence, than by anything ever produced by another human being.

but...

I like sitting in silence while listening to At Dawn.  Now that moves me.  
God damn those shaky knees.