Main Menu

seriously

Started by that_girl, Jul 15, 2008, 09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

smokin from shootin.

this song is amazing/beautiful/makes me cry.

can we talk about how great this song is?
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

logan5ive

Quotesmokin from shootin.

I concur. Best live version so far is from the SXSW NPR show.
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Angry Ewok

Agreed. Very awesome song... one of my favorites on this album and in their discography.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Don Dante

My favorite song off EU the day I heard it, and it still remains so.  My only complaint is that it isn't 2 minutes longer.  I do like it live much better, though the studio version is smooth.  Pat's drums on that SXSW show toward the end...unreal.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

InTheZone

Quotesmokin from shootin.

couldn't agree more.  i wish more of the negative reviews realized how f'ing awesome this song is.  even if someone doesn't like the album, this song should totally make up for it
god bless the usa

DavidCrosby

...a friend of mine always thought that Steam Engine was their best song but now he thinks that its Smokin' From Shootin'....

...I love the thumping in the beginning of it....
listen to vinyl

purvis9876

agree with you all... best song on EU
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

DaFunkyPrecedent

when I was at Bonnaroo listening to this song I had "one of those moments" where your like THAT SONG IS ABOUT ME!  While i feel like I can relate to a lot of Jim's lyrics, this song especially really hits home...   At one point I thought he was looking right at me, asking me all these questions about god, about commitment, love and traveling.  It was an out of world experience, standing in the pouring rain, having Jim cry his lyrics to a field of young kids who  all seem confused about this world and themselves.  Once the song finished I remember taking in a deep breathe, holding my heart and waited for the funk of Touch Me Pt. II to drop.  The fuzz and feed back is radiating all around you, then Jim starts fuckin with his Omni chord and once the song hits, once that beat drops - you forget about all your troubles and realize that dancing in the rain with your best friends is the best feeling in all the world.  

Smookin' From Shootin' > Touch Me II get's my heart racin to say the least....
God damn those shaky knees.

weeniebeenie

My favourite song of EU by far, but they're all great.
How loud can silence get?

DavidCrosby

Quotewhen I was at Bonnaroo listening to this song I had "one of those moments" where your like THAT SONG IS ABOUT ME!  While i feel like I can relate to a lot of Jim's lyrics, this song especially really hits home...   At one point I thought he was looking right at me, asking me all these questions about god, about commitment, love and traveling.  It was an out of world experience, standing in the pouring rain, having Jim cry his lyrics to a field of young kids who  all seem confused about this world and themselves.  Once the song finished I remember taking in a deep breathe, holding my heart and waited for the funk of Touch Me Pt. II to drop.  The fuzz and feed back is radiating all around you, then Jim starts fuckin with his Omni chord and once the song hits, once that beat drops - you forget about all your troubles and realize that dancing in the rain with your best friends is the best feeling in all the world.  

Smookin' From Shootin' > Touch Me II get's my heart racin to say the least....

....thats sweet....
listen to vinyl