Evil Urges - Warped Vinyl

Started by GBV, Jun 24, 2008, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBV

Hey guys - I bought a copy of Evil Urges on vinyl from the Radio City show and LP1 is taco'd worse than anything I've ever seen before.  
I remember previously reading that the release of EU on vinyl was pushed back due to warping.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, how have you remedied the situation?  I am thinking of contacting band management to swap my copy for a non-warped one.  
Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.  
Thanks - Jason

Angry Ewok

I'm having to go through the hassle of mailing mine back to Amazon because of the warping.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

DavidCrosby

....I never got my copy at the record store I work at, and I called up our distributor and they said they was a problem with the copies and they were recalled....it must have been because they were warped....hope they figure that shit out because I want mine....
listen to vinyl

blueskyink

the new ones (unwarped version) are supposed to ship July 22nd the same as the It Still Moves rerelease. I was pissed I preordered mine a long time ago and never even got an email telling me that the date was pushed back.

Tony Two Tone

They sell vinyls at the shows?!?!?! :D

How much?

DavidCrosby

.....the copy for the vinyl at the show was 20 bucks.......
listen to vinyl

Tony Two Tone

Just Evil Urges or the other albums too? I might be dropping some cash at the show :)

GBV

QuoteJust Evil Urges or the other albums too? I might be dropping some cash at the show :)

They were just selling Evil Urges at RCMH.  $20.

TGMC421

The record store around here recently got EU on vinyl non-warped.  I've waited a week to spin it and I couldn't be more pleased!!   [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

bold99

I got mine recently and It was all good.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

RockNRollJunkie

I know this is stupid but how do you know if its warped?Is it significant or a minor thing?
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

scosby2

QuoteI know this is stupid but how do you know if its warped?Is it significant or a minor thing?

you should be able to see it if it when you look across the record if it's real bad. the best way is just to play it. if it's warped bad enough you will know.

RockNRollJunkie

QuoteI know this is stupid but how do you know if its warped?Is it significant or a minor thing?

you should be able to see it if it when you look across the record if it's real bad. the best way is just to play it. if it's warped bad enough you will know.

I coinsidently bought one yesterday in five points and it looks okay but its playing slightly out of tune, I probably just need to adjust my record player's settings.
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

easy way

I get my vinyl in 5 points...that's where it's at in most cities, eh? Anyway, my EU is good to go.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Angry Ewok

The one Amazon sent me looked like a pringle... another one I got wasn't as obvious until played it.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

the_wizzard

I bought mine from Darla and got it back in June.  It is pristine.....

Vespachick, I know you bought your copy from them also, how is your copy?

Kory

I just picked up a second EU LP today and it says ATO/Badman on the back of the jacket... I am not home right now but I though my first copy said "Rough Trade" the UK press.

anyone want to confirm? I didn't think Badman pressed EU.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

vespachick

QuoteI bought mine from Darla and got it back in June.  It is pristine.....

Actually, I didn't buy EU from Darla (but did get the repressed TTF & AD).  I STILL don't have a vinyl copy of EU.  I was going to wait to buy local, but I'm still waiting because NOBODY HAS IT around here(as of Saturday!!!) >:( >:(
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

the_wizzard

QuoteI bought mine from Darla and got it back in June.  It is pristine.....

Actually, I didn't buy EU from Darla (but did get the repressed TTF & AD).  I STILL don't have a vinyl copy of EU.  I was going to wait to buy local, but I'm still waiting because NOBODY HAS IT around here(as of Saturday!!!) >:( >:(

Oh shizzlebots, you are right!  I did not get it from darla....sorry folks, I've been traveling a lot for work recently and my brain is fried.
Got my copy from Amazon.com.

Interesting that the repress is ATO/Badman.  Dylan was not involved with the original press.  I guess ATO learned the hard way.  I might have to get another copy just to support Dylan......

the_wizzard

QuoteI just picked up a second EU LP today and it says ATO/Badman on the back of the jacket... I am not home right now but I though my first copy said "Rough Trade" the UK press.

anyone want to confirm? I didn't think Badman pressed EU.

hmmmm....just checked my copy from Amazon.com and it has ATO and Badman's logo on it.  Got my info from the horses mouth that Badman didn't have the pressing job this time around.  Next time I see Dylan, I will ask...