Main Menu

Evil urges

Started by theswede, Aug 29, 2008, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswede

So what are your opinions on evil urges??

I was really disapointed when I first listen to the record. It was only Touch me part 1 that made any kind of good impression on me,
Highly suspicios was and is just terrible. Remnants is just boring.
Smokin from shootin and Touch me part 2 are startin to growing on me and is now quite enjoyable, Both evil urges, I´m amazed and Aluminium park has been getting more cd time after I saw them live.

But all in all most songs might aswell be b-sides to Z. I can´t find any song on E.U that would have replaced any Z song(or any earlier song either).

Sorry but don´t get the chills from any song. And I have given it alot of time, so sure I´m might a negative bastard :), but Evil urges just don´t does it for me.

7/11-03, 20/9-06, 25/6-08, 26/6-08,27/6-08, 4/11-08, 5/11-08, 6/11-08, 7/11-08

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

DavidCrosby

Quoteduck!

...I think it might be too late for him...
listen to vinyl

notdarkyet

honestly, i still don't care for most of it.

-justin

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

theswede

So don´t get the duck thing, probally something you always do when someone is rejecting evil urges??

Crispy

It means duck, because
a) you're gonna get some arrows slung at you for not liking the record
b) you're gonna catch hell for not witnessing the shit-storm raging here on this subject over the last 5 months or so

MarkW

*takes deep breath, counts to 50, and moves on*

Oh, and...

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

theswede

QuoteIt means duck, because
b) you're gonna catch hell for not witnessing the shit-storm raging here on this subject over the last 5 months or so

Oh how cool
So why don´t you just stop reading all topics starting with evil urges??
I´m just interested in hearing other people opinions not heading 200 pages back and looking for old reviews

Crispy

Oh how cool
I´m just interested in hearing other people opinions not heading 200 pages back and looking for old reviews
You asked, I answered - I won't be one of those throwing darts at you for your opinion though. Most folks here have been Evil Urges argumented-out though, hence the picture-posting goofiness.
There is a handy search function, if you care to check out the history: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?action=search

theswede

Oh how cool
You asked, I answered - I won't be one of those throwing darts at you for your opinion though. Most folks here have been Evil Urges argumented-out though, hence the picture-posting goofiness.
There is a handy search function, if you care to check out the history: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?action=search
Sorry man meant everybody not just you.
And how can you be "evil urged argumented out?? Don´t think anyone here can change my opinion :)

Crispy

So maybe "argumented" was the wrong word - discussed, opinioned, hashed, rehashed maybe...
Time may be the only thing that changes your mind about Evil Urges, I know that's what has done it for me. That and 3 mind-blowing shows that really demonstrate how well the new tunes fit with MMJ's entire catalog and how the fan base really responds to them being played live.
Meanwhile, here's another duck.

DavidCrosby

Oh how cool

..then read the 500 other threads like that, way too much of the same thing happened here for like 5 months and I think everyone is done with it, sorry your just a little late nothing personal.....and,

listen to vinyl

Mister Anthrope

David Crosby's duck wins.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. Vonnegut

Crispy

Kenny76

QuoteDavid Crosby's duck wins.

it's unbeatable.

DavidCrosby

QuoteDavid Crosby's duck wins.

it's unbeatable.

...word...
listen to vinyl

ycartrob

ycartrob

August 29th, 2008. What do I think of Evil Urges and you still hate Highly Suspicous?