I haven't been this moved by a band since

Started by RockNRollJunkie, Jul 20, 2008, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I love to see the new converts.  Instantly moved!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

Angry Ewok

QuoteGreetings!  I am new, too.  I saw MMJ at Riverfront Park in Nashville last Friday, and I haven't been the same since.  Their music is so full and rich and moving, and I feel swept away by each song and get lost in it.  Such beautiful stuff!  I'm so glad to read that others are equally moved by their talents.  I'm so glad to be a part of this forum!!!   :)

I've seen the guys about a dozen times, and every single show is a life changing experience.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Fee71

*The Way That He Sings (Live!!!)

*Come Closer

*Steam Engine

These tracks should be everyones mix cds
"FOR ALL YOUR DAYS I WISH YOU BLINDNESS"

Mi Chaqueta

I would agree........years ago in at Lollapalooza 2 when I saw Pearl Jam I felt that way about them.  Since then only Wilco has done that to me...........until My Morning Jacket came around.  Now they own my soul musically.  I like At Dawn.....it is one of those albums for me too.  I like all of theirs however for different reasons.  There are a few others I like a great deal.  The Drive By Truckers......The Black Keys.......Elliott Smith.....Arcade Fire.....The National......Iron and Wine......and forever Tom Petty have an effect on me.  Not to the above mentioned degree but an effect none the less.

Sassbox

In 45 years, I have never been so moved by a band that I was willing to step on to six planes in the last seven days to see them perform.  Two more shows next week and the memory of SXSW, a Jim James solo performance and Bonnaroo.  Wow.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

axround3r

ditto at dawn and chocolate and ice ep

Also listen to ...
Grateful Dead or (Phil Lesh and Friends)
Allman Brothers
Ryan Adams
Jackie Greene <<<<< Visit his web page and LISTEN
Neil Young

and Wu Tang Clan

Love Dogg

...since those five fabulous fellows, masters of their instruments,  walked off of the stage at Winterland on Thanksgiving 1976.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

j_rud

Quote...since those five fabulous fellows, masters of their instruments,  walked off of the stage at Winterland on Thanksgiving 1976.
Hey LoveDog, did you ever hear that story about Eddie Vedder when MMJ opened for them? Vedder was doing an interview during MMJs soundcheck one night early on the tour. Eddie was saying how he liked the guys and how their music really reminds him of The Band. No sooner did he say that when they launched into a cover of It Makes No Difference. Vedder said "OK man, thats too weird, interview over, I gotta go see this", and he ended up performing it with them on a number of nights. Cool stuff.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Penny Lane

Quote...since those five fabulous fellows, masters of their instruments,  walked off of the stage at Winterland on Thanksgiving 1976.
Hey LoveDog, did you ever hear that story about Eddie Vedder when MMJ opened for them? Vedder was doing an interview during MMJs soundcheck one night early on the tour. Eddie was saying how he liked the guys and how their music really reminds him of The Band. No sooner did he say that when they launched into a cover of It Makes No Difference. Vedder said "OK man, thats too weird, interview over, I gotta go see this", and he ended up performing it with them on a number of nights. Cool stuff.

i love that story!! i only head it recently.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

j_rud

i love that story!! i only head it recently.
Yeah, unfortunately for me they did it the 2nd night in Camden and I could only make the first night...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Love Dogg

Oh, yeah!  I do remember that.  I had almost forgotten, though.  It seems like it was a side bar in a magazine interview or something easy to miss.  That warmed me over.  I've got those June '06 shows where he sings with them on that song.  That's one prolly my favorite song of theirs...and to hear the Jacket do it, as superbly as they do, blows my mind.  It's almost better in ways.  Anyway, that song would make me lose all control of my bodily functions if I heard it live...and I wouldn't even be embarassed...but I don't expect them to play it anymore.   :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."