Touch Me (pt.1) and It Beats 4 U

Started by SiouxTribe, Sep 10, 2008, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiOuxTribe

Is it just me or are these 2 songs like siblings?
The bass, drum, and guitar parts are all very similar to one another.

Discuss!
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

BH

Siouxtribe is back!   Good to hear from you dude.

And yes, those bass lines are like two peas in a pod.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

getinthevan

Those two songs go together like Cobra and Touch Me Pt. 2.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

SiOuxTribe

Holy shit people still remember me!! That's pretty neat

I sorta forgot about this place and got busy with life/school.  I did pop in a few days ago to put up the Sec Walkin guitar tab.  Hopefully I'll check in and participate more.
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

DaFunkyPrecedent

...yup, both songs hella alike.  They should do a It Beats 4 U > Touch Me Pt 1
God damn those shaky knees.

ycartrob

Holy cow it's Sioux Tribe !

I hope you have been well

EAZYE

Welcome back Sioux Tribe, its been awhile
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

aMillionDreams

Definitely very similar songs. But I much prefer Touch Me pt. 1

Welcome back, Siuox. Have you bought yourself a capo yet?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

The DARK

QuoteDefinitely very similar songs. But I much prefer Touch Me pt. 1

It's grown on you, then? You thought it was pretty weak with your first impressions.
In another time, in another place, in another face

megalicious

hey, siouxtribe! how's it going, man? long time, no.. uh... read.

seriously. good to see you posting again.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

aMillionDreams

It's grown on you, then? You thought it was pretty weak with your first impressions.

That track has grown on me more than the others.  The album has grown on me as a whole but I'd still say it's my least favorite of their releases.  And that's not to say it's a bad album or I don't like it.  It's still one of my favorite albums released this year and it has some great tracks but it doesn't live up to the rest of their work in my eyes.  To me it's a fun album but I prefer the "creepier", more ethereal material from the old days.  But I'm an "old" fan, so go figure.

Did I put that lightly enough?  I'm really not trying to make waves.  They still put on the best show around even if they are playing a lot of the new stuff.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

The DARK

That track has grown on me more than the others.  The album has grown on me as a whole but I'd still say it's my least favorite of their releases.  And that's not to say it's a bad album or I don't like it.  It's still one of my favorite albums released this year and it has some great tracks but it doesn't live up to the rest of their work in my eyes.  To me it's a fun album but I prefer the "creepier", more ethereal material from the old days.  But I'm an "old" fan, so go figure.

Did I put that lightly enough?  I'm really not trying to make waves.  They still put on the best show around even if they are playing a lot of the new stuff.

Fair enough. Good to see ya back.
In another time, in another place, in another face

SiOuxTribe

Hehe I have bought a capo!  It's a Paige capo. I only use it when necessary.  I could've done it for the Sec Walkin' tab I put up but I find it easier to play standardly since that was how I learned it first.

How you doin' Megalicious?  Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

DaFunkyPrecedent

That's kinda the way I take it too...it's a "fun album".  Evil Urges has some of my favorite MMJ songs ever, but it is still my least favorite album as a whole.  Granted - it is fun to listen to.
God damn those shaky knees.