SERVE3 - World Hunger Year CD Compilation

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 23, 2008, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/10/bruce-springsteen-joss-stone-my-morning-jacket-on.html

Springsteen, Joss Stone, MMJ, more SERVE world hunger
By Jeffrey Bloomer

On the stark Tuesday that will be Nov. 4, Hard Rock International plans to release its latest social-justice compilation aimed at easing world hunger and poverty. This year's disc, SERVE3, will feature old hands Bruce Springsteen and Joss Stone as well as cuts from new contributors like My Morning Jacket, Avril Lavigne and Starsailor. John Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance" will also be included, courtesy of Yoko Ono.
Sales from the 20-song disc will benefit World Hunger Year (WHY), a nonprofit. The album will be available for sale at HardRock.com, most digital-music vendors and at Hard Rock locations internationally.

SERVE3 tracklist:

1. "Remember When the Music" - Bruce Springsteen
2. "Love Has Made You Beautiful" - Joss Stone
3. "Look at You" (Jim's Electronic Version) - My Morning Jacket
4. "When You're Gone" (Live From Toronto, Best Damn Tour)  Avril Lavigne
5. "Diane" (Live from Bonnaroo) - Robert Randolph & The Family Band
6. "Complete Control" - The Charlatans
7. "People Get Ready" - Ryan Shaw
8. "Keep Coming Back" (Live from Nashville) - Marc Broussard
9. "Military Madness" (Graham Nash cover) - Starsailor
10. "Mother Earth" - Micki Free
11. "I Be Rockin' It" - DMC
12. "I Know It's Over" (The Smiths' cover) - The Chapin Sisters
13. "Give Peace a Chance" - John Lennon
14. "On a Night Like This" - Dave Barnes
15. "Color" - Toby Lightman
16. "Becoming (Remixed)" - Brilliant Mistakes
17. "I Hope You're Upset" - Middle Distance Runner
18. "Heaven" - Scott Barnhill
19. "Time" - Lisa Bouchelle
20. "Jew Said Grace" - The Dead Tree

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Love Dogg

Sounds.......................ampy!  :D
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

the sun and moon

buymycar

I'd buy it just for Darryl McDaniels.

"It's McDaniels, not McDonald's
The rhymes are Darryl's,
The burgers are Ronald's"

BH

This is available today!

And you can buy the MMJ track individually on Itunes.  Let's all buy it to help celebrate a new president and better things to come!

Seriously, I know there are at least a hundred people that will read this post.  Pay 99 cents, get a new version of Look At You, and boom!  We have donated $100 bucks to world hunger and we all have gotten a great new song in the process.

Such a fine citizen!  ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kydiddle

QuoteThis is available today!

And you can buy the MMJ track individually on Itunes.  Let's all buy it to help celebrate a new president and better things to come!

Seriously, I know there are at least a hundred people that will read this post.  Pay 99 cents, get a new version of Look At You, and boom!  We have donated $100 bucks to world hunger and we all have gotten a great new song in the process.

Such a fine citizen!  ;)

Excellent idea.
Cow temperature.

notdarkyet

yeah, but i hate iTunes.  i want an .mp3, not a crappy old .m4a.

-justin

buymycar

Quoteyeah, but i hate iTunes.  i want an .mp3, not a crappy old .m4a.

-justin

It's in iTunes plus format.  It's still an .m4a, but it doesn't have any DRM.

Supposedly, anyway.

BH

Quoteyeah, but i hate iTunes.  i want an .mp3, not a crappy old .m4a.

-justin

OK, I'll just tell the starving kids that they can't have a bowl of rice because justin doesn't like m4a extensions.   ;)

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."