Main Menu

I do not own

Started by chuckooo, Nov 18, 2008, 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loadedquestion

QuoteIt's worth it for "Butch Cassidy" and "If It Smashes Down" alone.

I love it when Butch Cassidy gets love.

Get At Dawn
Get TTF
Get Ready

goose

QuoteTennessee Fire
At Dawn
All their earlier recordings like The sand worm cometh.

I have

It still moves
Z
Evil urges
Acoustic Cit.
Okonokos
Where to begin

I consider myself a big MMJ fan and listen to at least one of the 6 albums I own everyday.

How urgent is it that I get these CD's?

I started with Okonokos then at dawn and Evil Urges.  When I went to bonnaroo I came back and bought Z and It Still Moves.  After the Louisville and Nashville Shows, I picked up Tennessee Fire.  Great move.  actuall, I just got done listening to it.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

The DARK

EU like Animals, cannot compete with the greatness of the previous albums, but it is still a very good album.  

Cannot and will not agree with this. Both Animals and Evil Urges are in my all-time top 10 albums.
In another time, in another place, in another face

vwxg14a

EU like Animals, cannot compete with the greatness of the previous albums, but it is still a very good album.  

Cannot and will not agree with this. Both Animals and Evil Urges are in my all-time top 10 albums.

Wow.  Both?  Top ten all time?  Unless, you think the other Floyd/MMJ albums inferior, your top ten would most likely made up of all Floyd/MMJ albums (which in theory I have no problem with  ;)).

Of the MMJ/Floyd albums, I would include ISM,Z and WYWH,Meddle,  Dark Side, The Wall in the Top 10 of all time.  But I would have to leave room for Led Zep, REM, U2, and Pearl Jam/Nirvana before I would get to the rest of the MMJ/Floyd catalogs.
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

ycartrob

It's like discovering sex/drugs/pizza for the first time!  Enjoy!

All at the same time!

ycartrob

Wow.  Both?  Top ten all time?  Unless, you think the other Floyd/MMJ albums inferior, your top ten would most likely made up of all Floyd/MMJ albums (which in theory I have no problem with  ;)).

Of the MMJ/Floyd albums, I would include ISM,Z and WYWH,Meddle,  Dark Side, The Wall in the Top 10 of all time.  But I would have to leave room for Led Zep, REM, U2, and Pearl Jam/Nirvana before I would get to the rest of the MMJ/Floyd catalogs.

Pink Floyd > The Strokes

The DARK

Animals is my favorite Pink Floyd album (seriously), and Evil Urges has a special place as the first MMJ album to come out while I was a fan.

Z is my all-time favorite album.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

chuckooo

QuoteOhhhh, I envy you chuckooo!   So much still ahead for you to soak in.  

Hahahahahahahahaha...   ;D

Nice.

I hope the lack of response from chuckooo is because he bought the albums immediately and can't seem to tear himself away.

In fact it is actually!

kydiddle

QuoteOhhhh, I envy you chuckooo!   So much still ahead for you to soak in.  

Hahahahahahahahaha...   ;D

Nice.

I hope the lack of response from chuckooo is because he bought the albums immediately and can't seem to tear himself away.

In fact it is actually!

Fantastic!

What do you think?
Cow temperature.

hizzo

Do tell! I'm eager to hear! I feel like I already know the response though....  ;)
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Sherpa

Be prepared for greatness. At Dawn changed my life.

Grateful Chabo

i heard it still moves and z before i got at dawn and when i heard the ism and z i had fallen in love with mmj but then i heard at dawn...fuckin masterpiece.  like rubber soul
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

Ghostess on TV

At Dawn is my favorite album. Everyone should own it.

ItStillJaimoe

When people ask me what MMJ should they should start with, I always tell them to pick up their early albums and work out from there (or depending on their taste, I'll tell them to get It Still Moves and work back). Evil Urges is a polarizing album, far more than Z was at the time of its release, so I can't imagine not owning The Tennesse Fire and At Dawn and still calling yourself a fan.

chuckooo

I had no idea what I was missing. Hell I listened to okonokos and acoustic ALL the time. Now with At Dawn and Tennessee Fire, I hear exactly what I wanted. More raw, although I do like evil urges, it can't compare. EU has some good songs like reminants and smokin' from shootin', but in no way are they like "I Will Be There When You Die". Incredible.

I feel so inspired to write several other songs now.

Also! I was checking on playlist.com, there's a ton of amazing christmas songs on there, and my new favorite; "Behind Those Locked Doors". Now that, is a good song.

purvis9876

QuoteI had no idea what I was missing. Hell I listened to okonokos and acoustic ALL the time. Now with At Dawn and Tennessee Fire, I hear exactly what I wanted. More raw, although I do like evil urges, it can't compare. EU has some good songs like reminants and smokin' from shootin', but in no way are they like "I Will Be There When You Die". Incredible.

Also! I was checking on playlist.com, there's a ton of amazing christmas songs on there, and my new favorite; "Behind Those Locked Doors". Now that, is a good song.

I'm guessing this is probably the next step.. http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1212757942
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

kydiddle

QuoteI had no idea what I was missing. Hell I listened to okonokos and acoustic ALL the time. Now with At Dawn and Tennessee Fire, I hear exactly what I wanted. More raw, although I do like evil urges, it can't compare. EU has some good songs like reminants and smokin' from shootin', but in no way are they like "I Will Be There When You Die". Incredible.

Awesome...  :D
Cow temperature.

aMillionDreams

Actually I was thinking the next step is the covers comp.  Behind that Locked Door is a George Harrison cover.  There are a ton more gems to uncover in here: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1154140025
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]