Can Anyone hook me up with a copy?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 28, 2009, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

I posted before and it was view 100 times. I just wanted to know if anyone would help me out with a copy of the new EP on cd?

I'll send you copies of cds I have. My computer will not support iTunes.  

The Dude
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

lasvegas

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

ycartrob

QuoteI posted before and it was view 100 times. I just wanted to know if anyone would help me out with a copy of the new EP on cd?

I'll send you copies of cds I have. My computer will not support iTunes.  

The Dude

Interesting request and a quandary of sorts for the digital age. The Dude here will have to shell out much more than the 6 dollars and change to legally hear the new MMJ EP. He's not asking for At Dawn or Z, which were released in a traditional marketing. he's asking for the EP released on I-Tunes.

Should music have such monetary restrictions? Especially since only 20-25% of the planet has access to the internet?

hhhmmmmmmm  :(  :(  :(  :(

BH

If "The Dude" sends me a self addressed envelope with $5.94 in it, I will buy the CD again, and mail it to him thereby solving this small dilemma.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Love Dogg

QuoteIf "The Dude" sends me a self addressed envelope with $5.94 in it, I will buy the CD again, and mail it to him thereby solving this small dilemma.

And that's what should happen...short of sending $5.94 to the band.

My buddy wanted a copy of Keller Williams "Home" cd.  The liner notes said something like, "If you burn a copy of this cd, send $5 to..........."  My buddy wouldn't do it.  I wound up putting a $5 bill in an envelope and mailing to the address.  No note or anything.  I'm not sure if it made it or not, but my piracy conscience is clear.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

goose

Funny, I think Kory said it already.  Can't believe someone has the balls to come onto the band's site and ask for this.  What does a trade help the band out with??
Hooked on four like one, two, three

ycartrob

QuoteFunny, I think Kory said it already.  Can't believe someone has the balls to come onto the band's site and ask for this.  What does a trade help the band out with??

so, he should have to upgrade his computer to hear this? Spend a couple of hundred dollars in order to hear a 6 dollar EP?

Remember, he's not asking for a copy of At Dawn or Z (now that would be lame), he's asking for a copy that he cannot "legally" obtain without shelling out lots of money.

lasvegas

QuoteFunny, I think Kory said it already.  Can't believe someone has the balls to come onto the band's site and ask for this.  What does a trade help the band out with??

so, he should have to upgrade his computer to hear this? Spend a couple of hundred dollars in order to hear a 6 dollar EP?

Remember, he's not asking for a copy of At Dawn or Z (now that would be lame), he's asking for a copy that he cannot "legally" obtain without shelling out lots of money.

it is what it is. hell, someone here has offered to burn it for the cost of the ep.

there were costs associated in the production of this and its only the right the band gets whats owed to them.

send the $6, get the ep.

:closed
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Isobella

Maybe they should have thought about the consumer before Z infected my computer.

Dudley

Yes I too do not have Itunes.. Nor can my ancient cpu support it.. So i'm a little upset on how the boys released this one..  I won't ask for a copy because I feel that's cheating them out of money.. And I love these guys.. but one day I do hope to hear/own this EP... Maybe they could do a stream one day so we don't own it..So we can just cuddle up on a bench and hear the magic of the candles and panties.. :-/

Im The Dude

QuoteIf "The Dude" sends me a self addressed envelope with $5.94 in it, I will buy the CD again, and mail it to him thereby solving this small dilemma.

Listen I dont know why everyone on here gets so defensive about sharing their (MMJ) music.  I understand, Id love to download the EP I would IF I HAD A NEWER COMPUTER. I have no money to buy a new computer. Im sure, like mostly everyone on here that we've given MMJ lots of money. And I know how this works everyone has to argue about it.  If you arent willing to help a fan out then dont post.

And If no one wants to hook me up then I'll find another way. And to whomever said "hows a trade going to help the band" It wont, but it's just me being nice and I'd hook someone else up with some cool cds.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

hizzo

QuoteMaybe they should have thought about the consumer before Z infected my computer.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the band knew about all the weird shit that went on with Z until after it was already released. And didn't they also send new copies to fans who asked for them?
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteMaybe they should have thought about the consumer before Z infected my computer.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the band knew about all the weird shit that went on with Z until after it was already released. And didn't they also send new copies to fans who asked for them?

Hell, management burned copies off their computers to send to fans who wrote them and asked.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ChronicHunger

What sort of infection was this?

capt. scotty

QuoteWhat sort of infection was this?

venereal
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

buymycar

Listen I dont know why everyone on here gets so defensive about sharing their (MMJ) music.  I understand, Id love to download the EP I would IF I HAD A NEWER COMPUTER. I have no money to buy a new computer. Im sure, like mostly everyone on here that we've given MMJ lots of money. And I know how this works everyone has to argue about it.  If you arent willing to help a fan out then dont post.

And If no one wants to hook me up then I'll find another way. And to whomever said "hows a trade going to help the band" It wont, but it's just me being nice and I'd hook someone else up with some cool cds.

I find it hard to believe that you don't know anyone who owns A NEWER COMPUTER that can download and burn it for you.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWhat sort of infection was this?

It was copy protection bullshit that infected peoples computers with spyware and all that good shit. I still have a copy of Z that would do that if I put it in my PC.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

I hear ya. I just don't get why you had to quote the most reasonable response to your thread to prove your point.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ycartrob

Seriously though (seriously) why is this not a reasonable request of The Dude? I mean, I see people posting threads all the time asking for suggestions for the "ultimate" MMJ mix to GIVE to their friends/ family and people give suggestions and no one complains then about taking money out of the band's pockets.

So how/why is this different? It seems like the exact same as the other. I am wondering why the double standard exists.

BH

I hear ya. I just don't get why you had to quote the most reasonable response to your thread to prove your point.

Yeah, I seriously was not trying to be a smart ass on this one.  I thought I had come up with a fairly nice way of making everybody happy as well as going out of my way at no real advantage to myself. :-/
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.