Best MMJ Vinyl

Started by SuperKarateMonkyDC, Feb 14, 2009, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

sorry if already discussed.

I recently ordered at dawn on vinyl because i just got a record player. I'm thinking that the music would be the best on vinyl but is it the best sounding or watever mmj album on vinyl?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

the sun and moon

Sorry about this, but I've got a random question. I'm not an avid vinyl listener but definitely want to be, but I accidently broke my needle off. Where can I get another needle? I sound stupid, don't I?

Dillsnufus

idk but just search on google and i sure that there's one. or amazon maybe.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

the sun and moon

Ordering is usually my last resort. My local record/vinyl store possibly??

lasvegas

QuoteOrdering is usually my last resort. My local record/vinyl store possibly??

maybe, but you are more likely to find cartridges at a place that actually sells tables. most record stores don't have them.

back to thread - tennessee fire is the correct answer.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

at dawn

I just got It Still Moves and it's pretty damn amazing.  I def want to get AD...and TTF....and Z...and EU....oh god and Okonokos...forget it.

hey, did you get your record player on woot?  I think it was you who posted that - THANK YOU - I just got mine.   :D 8-)

Im The Dude

QuoteI just got It Still Moves and it's pretty damn amazing.  I def want to get AD...and TTF....and Z...and EU....oh god and Okonokos...forget it.

hey, did you get your record player on woot?  I think it was you who posted that - THANK YOU - I just got mine.   :D 8-)

I have Evil Urges,  At Dawn and Okonokos on vinyl....Okonokos is amazing on vinyl,prob. my favorite.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Dillsnufus

I did post that though I didn't remember it being here
Funny thing. I thought I ordered it but somehow didn't. So got it on eBay for 74 :(
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Dillsnufus

awesome. didn't expect the gold just thought it was red. wow great stuff.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

thebigbang

I've listened to both TF and At Dawn on vinyl and I think the At Dawn listening experience is greatly improved. The dynamics and warmth of the music are really enhanced in my opinion. It seems to be even more emotional.

The Tennessee Fire fidelity is such that I don't hear the same improved listening experience. Just my two bits.  And I love the Tennessee Fire.  I am 100 percent certain that I have listened to it more times than any other album.  Probably at least two or three times more.  We recently drove to New York from Louisville and never bothered to take it out of the car cd player. Just over and over as the miles went by.

I have just relocated my turn table to the basement and pondering this topic has me wanting to give them a listen back-to-back and see if this still holds true.

The best thing about music on vinyl is that because I listen for 15-20 minutes and then flip the disc I find myself not getting distracted as easily as with digital formats.  With cd or mp3, they can play forever and it is easy to get lazy and then the music becomes more of a background thing than the experience I have listening to vinyl.  But digital is definitely more convenient and I am all for convenience. Each has his it place in my music world.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Dillsnufus

Us your version have the red and gold vinyl?
QuoteI've listened to both TF and At Dawn on vinyl and I think the At Dawn listening experience is greatly improved. The dynamics and warmth of the music are really enhanced in my opinion. It seems to be even more emotional.

The Tennessee Fire fidelity is such that I don't hear the same improved listening experience. Just my two bits.  And I love the Tennessee Fire.  I am 100 percent certain that I have listened to it more times than any other album.  Probably at least two or three times more.  We recently drove to New York from Louisville and never bothered to take it out of the car cd player. Just over and over as the miles went by.

I have just relocated my turn table to the basement and pondering this topic has me wanting to give them a listen back-to-back and see if this still holds true.

The best thing about music on vinyl is that because I listen for 15-20 minutes and then flip the disc I find myself not getting distracted as easily as with digital formats.  With cd or mp3, they can play forever and it is easy to get lazy and then the music becomes more of a background thing than the experience I have listening to vinyl.  But digital is definitely more convenient and I am all for convenience. Each has his it place in my music world.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

TGMC421

QuoteUs your version have the red and gold vinyl?

Well put!

My 'At Dawn' vinyl is blue and green and my 'Tennessee Fire' vinyl is red and orange.

edit:  orange, gold, whatev.   :)

Dillsnufus

I hope they come out with a purple eu vinyl. These color vinyls are awesome.  Also If you're aware of pjcollectors.com but there should be a mmj version
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

ALady

QuoteI've listened to both TF and At Dawn on vinyl and I think the At Dawn listening experience is greatly improved. The dynamics and warmth of the music are really enhanced in my opinion. It seems to be even more emotional.

I couldn't agree more.  I finally got a decent turntable a few weeks ago and I'm really struck by how it has changed my listening habits.

My parents were visiting and asked to hear how "At Dawn" sounds on it.  It was a proud moment   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

weeniebeenie

My parents were visiting and asked to hear how "At Dawn" sounds on it.  It was a proud moment   :)
That's cool.
How loud can silence get?

thebigbang

QuoteUs your version have the red and gold vinyl?

My 'At Dawn' vinyl is blue and green and my 'Tennessee Fire' vinyl is red and orange.

edit:  orange, gold, whatev.   :)

Sorry I'm late getting back to you about this, I've been away from the forum for about ten days. My copy is black. I bought At Dawn from the band when they sold them at the shows when they had just got them from Darla. The Tennessee Fire is the black variety as well.  I don't know if there is any sound quality differences in the newer versions.

I forgot to mention in the earlier post that vinyl also has the great cover art!  A definite plus.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

tomEisenbraun

actually, most independent record shops that sell vinyl (as far as I've seen so far) tend to sell cartridges, as they're relatively odd commodities. I'd suggest just taking your broken one off and taking it in to a shop and letting them help you find the way.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Dillsnufus

Just got it still moves. Just started but golden sounds great.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Vadie Stark

QuoteJust got it still moves. Just started but golden sounds great.
I got it last week new for 6 bucks had the cd too. :)
Funny I really didn't realize it was a double album ,shit I haven't bought one of those in years 8-)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.