Merchandise: "Z"  LP 12' 2nd side

Started by KingMedicine, Apr 21, 2009, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingMedicine

First and foremost, I love you guys and although I just got turned on the music, I will be a longtime fan.

My Query:
I hope for the bands sake (not that it would mean anything against) that I am alone on this......I've purchased "It Still Moves" - "Z" and "Evil Urges" on vinyl and my great local music store and all three albums have an extra thin nipple hole on the 2nd record of the each of the 2xLP's. Unfortunately I snapped the 2nd record of "Z" trying to maneuver the vinyl off of the table,  I am hoping somewhere out there or the band/label has an extra 2nd record of "Z" they can let me purchase.

Regards,
Jim

capt. scotty

wrong forum. this probably belongs in the MMJ "Music" forum  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

QuoteFirst and foremost, I love you guys and although I just got turned on the music, I will be a longtime fan.

My Query:
I hope for the bands sake (not that it would mean anything against) that I am alone on this......I've purchased "It Still Moves" - "Z" and "Evil Urges" on vinyl and my great local music store and all three albums have an extra thin nipple hole on the 2nd record of the each of the 2xLP's. Unfortunately I snapped the 2nd record of "Z" trying to maneuver the vinyl off of the table,  I am hoping somewhere out there or the band/label has an extra 2nd record of "Z" they can let me purchase.

Regards,
Jim

Welcome, Jim.  I hope you like it here.

As to your query...I haven't run into that with my LPs so I don't know what to do or where to go with that.  Maybe some of the real old-timers can help you with that.  I hope you figure it out.  PEACE!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Angry Ewok

I've noticed the extra narrow spindle holes, as well. Sometimes I actually have to take the spindle, with the record lodged, off of the platter to pop it out.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Vadie Stark

QuoteI've noticed the extra narrow spindle holes, as well. Sometimes I actually have to take the spindle, with the record lodged, off of the platter to pop it out.
Wanna borrow a drill? Take a round file to it bro' ;)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Angry Ewok

That's not a bad idea, really... but me + drill + vinyl record is an invitation for disaster.

KingMedicine

All good ideas brosuf's.....yeah, i'll eat it. thanks for the replies to those of you......the band's greatness and i'll buy another one sooner or later.
Spindle, that's the word.....nipple....not so much i guess.

Did anyone see the MBV show's recently...I caught the one in Dallas and it blew me away quite like MMJ.

Angry Ewok

The tip of the spindle might be called a nipple, I don't know. If it's not, then it probably should be... because who doesn't want an excuse to say nipple?

Vadie Stark

Damn I just cant help jumping back in. I think the point is the guy wants to know and rightly so If he can get the record replaced. Can someone steer him in the right direction with the band or supplier?
I just found those records new here in Cal.

KingMedicine if need PM me I might be able to find more copies here and we could work it out. I apologize for not reading all of the first post here, thought it was more of a testimonial to the band than problem with product...my bad.
Peace

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.