Finding Celebración De La Ciudad Natal in the UK?

Started by PeepsintoFairyland, Apr 16, 2009, 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peeps into Fairyland

Hello fellow UK fans,

I'm struggling to find online any info regarding the UK stores who will be doing the Record Store Day and will be stocking Celebración De La Ciudad Natal on vinyl.

Unfortunately all my local record stores have gone to the wall so I have little chance apart from trying London.

Anybody else in the UK know of where Celebración De La Ciudad Natal is available [on vinyl +cd]?

Rough trade published a list of what they have for Record store day but this doesn't include MMJ!  >:(
Many of the other uk stores signed up for this promotion don't seem to be really pushing MMJ.
I certainly don't want to miss out on this release  :'(

A little Help please
A song is a beautiful lie

coldnebraskablue

Ditto - I tried Rough Trade and they said "looks like its US only - how'bout the new 7" from the Screamin' FartWeasles instead" or some such nonsense.

I was going to buy via GotoCDWorld thru Amazon.com (cd only), which would have been about $17 delivered, but they've just put their price up another $5. Not impressed.

Hey - MMJ - sort this out dudes.  >:(

Sparkle

Yeah, I've tried too and was told it was only available in the US - not happy  >:(

coldnebraskablue

How 'bout some US peeps buying extra copies for their overseas brethren ?

Sparkle

QuoteHow 'bout some US peeps buying extra copies for their overseas brethren ?

I'll second that  ;)

fleabag

QuoteHow 'bout some US peeps buying extra copies for their overseas brethren ?
welllllll......I was impressed with that Scottish lady's singing, and our new prez says this is a new age of international relations and what not, so you got me.
...words only got in the way

coldnebraskablue

Quotewelllllll......I was impressed with that Scottish lady's singing, and our new prez says this is a new age of international relations and what not, so you got me.

Great, fleabag - thanks! What do you propose ?  :)

fleabag

Quotewelllllll......I was impressed with that Scottish lady's singing, and our new prez says this is a new age of international relations and what not, so you got me.

If I can get my hands on the goods at all, I'll get a few extra copies, if they let me.  

Then I'll get with peeps on this thread ...you included.  I'm going to my store tomorrow, but not sure what I'll find.  Wish me luck. :)

Love Dogg

If I can get my hands on the goods at all, I'll get a few extra copies, [highlight]if they let me. [/highlight] 

Then I'll get with peeps on this thread ...you included.  I'm going to my store tomorrow, but not sure what I'll find.  Wish me luck. :)

That is the hard part.....  :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Peeps into Fairyland

I spent a good part of this morning searching for Celebración De La Ciudad Natal online to try and find a uk record shop stocking it.

All I can gather form the record store day website
A link from http://www.recordstoreday.com/NewsItem/1408
for UK/Ireland takes you to the Rough trade website and a list that does not contain MMJ  :(

I was going to head into London tomorrow and chance my luck but I will pass and try and order it online from US, the expensive option!

Anyone know of a good reliable US online record store able to supply the vinyl with CD shipping rates reasonable too?

UK fans who have any luck reply here  ;)

Cheers

PiF

coldnebraskablue

QuoteI'm going to my store tomorrow, but not sure what I'll find.  Wish me luck. Smiley

Thanks Fleabag much appreciated. :-) I wish you luck.

For other UK peeps, I tried Rough Trade (London), Sister Ray (London), Adrians (Essex) and one place in Cardiff, none of them were going to be stocking this - they all said "US only".

Peeps into Fairyland

For other UK peeps, I tried Rough Trade (London), Sister Ray (London), Adrians (Essex) and one place in Cardiff, none of them were going to be stocking this - they all said "US only".

Thanks coldnebraskablue I was going to go at least to rough & sister so that saved me a wasted journey.

8-)

fleabag

coldnebraskablue ... sent you a PM....check it out

coldnebraskablue

GoodKid

Headed in to Glasgow today to try Avalanche and Monorail but got the same "US only" response as everyone else.

Closest I can get online is http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/nsuvt/3/1/435336647/1501/2/1/my%20morning%20jacket/1/1.html, but I'm not convinced - has anyone bought from them before?

coldnebraskablue

Looks like a reasonable price, eben with shipping. Don't know anything about them tho.

Sian-of-the-dead

Might be worth contacting an independant record store in Birmingham Called Tempest. I've got loads of stuff from there in the past and they might be able to get it in for you.
Don't let 'em take who you are boy, and don't try to be who you ain't...

k wags

I live in New Jersey but I had similar problems finding it on vinyl in stores around here. Apparently they are pretty limited and sold out fast. However I went on Amazon and looked around for some independent merchants. I had luck and found a copy a store had in Kalamazoo Michigan for about 18 bucks, plus a few dollars S&H. A week later I was listening to the best damn version of Where to Begin I've ever heard. I guess what I'm getting at is look around on Amazon. The S&H may be more but if you can get it, do it. Comes with a free cd and it says Yim Yames on the credits...how great.