Album: Okonokos... Song: I Will Sing You Songs

Started by AMightyPirate, Jun 13, 2009, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

Hot Damn!

I usually have week/month long MMJ song favorites where I start wearing out that section of the CD due to my constant repeating... Wordless, War Begun, PPW, OBH, Touch Me pt 1 or pt 2, Highly... the list can go on- nearly every MMJ song has gotten caught in my head for weeks at a time- There just aren't enough hours in the day to listen to the amount of MMJ that I want, that I need- and I know many of you feel that same way. Its just an obsession- and we are all okay with that!

Anyway- I will sing you songs has just grabbed me for months and months and months- its very rare that I let this track play through and then move on to the next- I usually have to listen to it 3-4 times, the volume going up progressively each listen.  The song has it all- fantastic vocals- foreground and background- It has such raw emotion, you can absolutely FEEL the song, it transcends sound.  All the pieces fit perfectly into place.  Lets just talk about Patrick's drumming before I end this.  Is there a better example of what a fantastic drummer he is?  This song has variations in speed and loudness- his use of the cymbals are extraordinary- If you haven't really focused in on his drumming in this song- put Okonokos on and crank it up- you won't be sorry.  Okay- I think I'm finished... phew
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Don Dante

Couldn't agree more Caporal!  Such a beautiful song.  Not too many songs that you could rock out to in a car AND dance to at a wedding.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

BH

Yes!  The drums are otherworldly on this song.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sparkle

tdb810

I CANNOT listen to this song without sobbing.  Seriously, not just a little moistness in the eyes, full out blubbering.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Love it!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

AMightyCaporal

Put it on for my fiancee (who I'm trying to convert to a full fledge jacket-head) and she really loved it.  I'm glad that this thread could remind a few people to check out the song again.  Its so fantastic
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

TGMC421

I find this version to be completely ethereal.   :o

weeniebeenie

Because of this thread I listened to I Will Sing You Songs yesterday.
It was overcast but the sun was kind of coming out and it was raining.
Perfect.
How loud can silence get?

AMightyCaporal

QuoteBecause of this thread I listened to I Will Sing You Songs yesterday.
It was overcast but the sun was kind of coming out and it was raining.
Perfect.

:) perfect indeed.

wakebord

i love this song, but i think that the It Still Moves album version is better...the last half is so great.  But i think that the reason i enjoy the album version so much is the last minute and a half or so of piano and quiet guitar where Jim sings "we ready" or something like that.  So soothing.  It really gives me the middle of nowhere in the woods feel that MMJ epitomizes in my mind.  

TGMC421

Quotei love this song, but i think that the It Still Moves album version is better...the last half is so great.  But i think that the reason i enjoy the album version so much is the last minute and a half or so of piano and quiet guitar where Jim sings "we ready" or something like that.  So soothing.  It really gives me the middle of nowhere in the woods feel that MMJ epitomizes in my mind.  

That last part is  :-* !

I'm not sure what he's saying either, but I hear it as "Breathe In/Breathin'"