Still Bill The Movie

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Jun 24, 2009, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Looks like there are some early screenings of the Bill Withers tribute documentary that includes interviews with Jim as well as some footage of the tribute concert that Jim performed at last year.  See link below.

http://www.stillbillthemovie.com/
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

lasvegas

i can't wait for this.

one of my all-time favorite artists.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Q2DFms1tA[/media]
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteLooks like there are some early screenings of the Bill Withers tribute documentary that includes interviews with Jim as well as some footage of the tribute concert that Jim performed at last year.  See link below.

http://www.stillbillthemovie.com/

Ugh....kicking myself for missing the screening here. I think Bill Withers might be the poster child for having one's head screwed on right.  :)

AMightyCaporal

that trailer gave me chills! I can't wait to see this!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ms. yvon

thanks for posting the trailer here.

damn.  this looks like a terrific film.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Bigsky

That looks pretty sweet
What's Jim James connection to Bill Withers? Why was he interviewed for the movie?

BH

DVD Extras:

Deleted scenes are presented in the form of three "conversations," totaling about ten minutes: "Conversation with Bill Russell, Jim Brown & Bernie Casey," "Conversation with Graham Nash," and "Conversation with Ernie Barnes." They're all worth watching, and tend to provide more insight than conventional interview scenes.

Also welcome are three full Performances (totaling about 13 minutes) from the 2008 Celebrate Brooklyn Withers tribute concert: "Who Is He and What Is He to You" performed by Corey Glover (excerpted in the film), "Stories" performed by The Swell Season, and "Ain't No Sunshine" performed by Yim Yames of My Morning Jacket. All three are pretty outstanding.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BigBossMan

Quote from: BH on Jan 27, 2011, 12:25 PM

"Ain't No Sunshine" performed by Yim Yames of My Morning Jacket.

Holy shit, I gotta hear this!
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

rusty95

Available on showtime on demand all this month, watching now :thumbsup:
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

rusty95

Quote from: BigBossMan on Feb 03, 2011, 05:27 PM

Jim James for Bill Withers

pretty dope
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

rincon

I just watched this documentary. I was amazed at some of the similarities between Bill and Jim in voice and singing style. I grew up only thinking of Bill Withers as the guy who repeated "I know" 25 times in his biggest song.

tdb810

Quote from: rusty95 on Feb 06, 2011, 09:49 PM

pretty dope

thank you thank you for posting! it was a bit of a tease when i watched it and this scene was cut off!!
.....Back at the Model Home

Honest Man

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
Quote from: rusty95 on Feb 06, 2011, 09:49 PM

pretty dope

thank you thank you for posting! it was a bit of a tease when i watched it and this scene was cut off!!

NICE TEASE!!!!
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.