Monsters Of Folk 1st song FREE download here!

Started by fortbethel, Jul 17, 2009, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckles

Awesome! Thanks for the link :)

Loove the song. Extra excited about Sept 22, now!  :D

el_chode

CONOR OBERST'S SUPER GROUP

[size=20]CONOR OBERSTS!?[/size]

I think we all know who puts the super in that group
I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

QuoteCONOR OBERST'S SUPER GROUP

This is my only fear of this album.

I think I'll like it no matter what, but I have a feeling its not going to have as much JJ as Im expecting  :-/
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteCONOR OBERST'S SUPER GROUP

This is my only fear of this album.

I think I'll like it no matter what, but I have a feeling its not going to have as much JJ as Im expecting  :-/

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if it were "Conor's" group, he's too modest to try and be the leader, even if he is on some of it. Hell, he let his bandmates take the reins on half of HIS last album.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

lasvegas

i have to say i'm pretty disappointed with 'say please'. i've listened a few times, and maybe i'll change my tune with some more listens, but as of now i say 4 out of 10.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

BH

If you don't like Conor you should probably just move on to something else and not worry about it, because I don't know how you are going to like MOF.  

I for one think that the three of them doing Dylan's "Girl From The North Country" is downright magical.   Or when M and Jim do Jimmy Dale Gilmore's "Headed For A Fall", it might just be one of the best musical moments ever!   Exageration?  Maybe, but listen to that song again and tell me you don't get goosebumps.  

This is our generations Traveling Wilburys!  They aren't really breaking any new ground, but when you put all of that talent together in one room, good things are bound to happen!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

I for one think that the three of them doing Dylan's "Girl From The North Country" is downright magical.  

This is our generations Traveling Wilburys!  They aren't really breaking any new ground, but when you put all of that talent together in one room, good things are bound to happen!

Agreed on Girl from North Country.  It was great that PBS played that show multiple times.

I believe the Wilburys' comparison is fair in the sense that there really aren't that many supergroups anymore, particularly in the folk/rock genre.

That said, Vol. I is a tough album to stand up to.  Really looking forward to it.

Sorry I posted here and not the MOF thread but just wanted follow up on BH here. [smiley=beer.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

buymycar

I didn't expect them to sound exactly like the Wilburys.

bluesky

anyone else having a hard time try to add the MOF song to their Itunes? right now I can only listen on my laptop... :(

weeniebeenie

I didn't expect them to sound exactly like the Wilburys.
If they are this generations Wilbury's, I'd love to hear them cover Margarita or Rattled.
How loud can silence get?

Love Dogg

I love it!  I was a little uncertain at first because I didn't know what to expect...but I think it's great!  You can hear all the fellas and sometimes Jim sticks out.  They've got that quality where they can all sound the same if they need to or different, which is one of the qualities that I thought was neat about the Raconteurs.  BB and JW sounded alike on some songs so the voices came out as one voice in stereo kinda.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but I think this project has a lot more layers to it than people will give them credit for.  I'm, so excited to be excited about this!

PS-Happy Birthday, Penny!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Penny Lane

i agree. i had HEARD it was a conor song but i definitely can hear Jim and M and then the 3 of them harmonizing at times. Jim is the only one who can hit the high notes (obviously)...t's also more 'pop' sounding than i thought it was going to sound..which isn't bad or good, just different. it'll be interesting to see them on stage together...a real spiritual bromance :-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Bigsky

I like it and I really don't care to compare.

[size=24]SAY TEASE[/size]
Looking forward to the full release... ;D

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei agree. i had HEARD it was a conor song but i definitely can hear Jim and M and then the 3 of them harmonizing at times. Jim is the only one who can hit the high notes (obviously)...t's also more 'pop' sounding than i thought it was going to sound..which isn't bad or good, just different. it'll be interesting to see them on stage together...a real spiritual bromance :-)

I can't wait. THe MOF show I saw in '04 is still one of my favorite shows I've been to.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ruckus

I dig the tune a lot and I've only listened to it through my laptop speakers.  It was surprisingly rocking I thought for a 1st song.

Look forward to the album and even moreso the tour
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head