Jim James' Top 10

Started by LaurieBlue, Jan 03, 2006, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bo dereks tits

QuoteHis raps on Golddigger are a parody. If you really listen to his lyrics, there's a lot of clever wordplay and let's face it, he's a mama's boy. And are you kidding about drug use? Many artists that we admire produced their best work while completely high. They said the drugs expanded their minds. Right or wrong, to pin drugs on rappers is just incorrect.  

thank you.

ali

from jim's top 10 list to full on politics/race/sexism/power discussions in only a few posts - this has to be one of the more interesting (and potentially disturbing) selection of posts.

but, being from outside the us (and really only getting the news-headlines info on the whole political/racial situation you guys live with on a day to day basis) its great to read what you guys feel and see happening.

talk may be cheap but sometimes it helps :)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

DD

you guys are gonna feel like jerks when the new mmj hip hop record comes out.  big hair, big bling, big booty.  on the rizzle.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

wellfleet

i'm all for it. rap album, country album, electronica album... i would love to see MMJ's spin on any genre. neil yound did straight-up rock, old-time country, garage, rockabilly, blues, r&b, electronic... some of these worked better than others, but they were all interesting. i think jim could rock a giant diamond pinkie ring like diddy. maybe a supafly suit, gold teeth. mmmm!
everything sucks. really.

ycartrob

I am waiting for them to become a mime troupe...

I can see the reviews now:

Southern fried tug-o-war bourbon drenched miming and hair galore.