Main Menu

MMJ Reggae

Started by Bigsky, Aug 31, 2009, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

Phone Went West is one of my favorite MMJ songs, and I have always regarded it as a reggae tune. I am most likely crazy, but I think it would be sweet if the boys put out a reggae album. Would anyone be into this?

el_chode

Yeah, for about 3 songs and then I'd be like "hey this all sounds the same"
I'm surrounded by assholes

Bigsky

QuoteYeah, for about 3 songs and then I'd be like "hey this all sounds the same"

That's so sad...it must be tough having a handicap. My older dog has bad hearing...

Love Dogg

QuoteYeah, for about 3 songs and then I'd be like "hey this all sounds the same"

That's so sad...it must be tough having a handicap. My older dog has bad hearing...

Reggae's not for everyone.  :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Bigsky

Reggae's not for everyone.  :-/

It's not?...because that is exactly what I was implying :P

.Walt

There was an article about "white boys" doing reggae, and PWW was up there on the list. Hopefully someone remembers that, and will repost it.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

QuoteThere was an article about "white boys" doing reggae, and PWW was up there on the list. Hopefully someone remembers that, and will repost it.
Here you go Sir  :)

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1178597144/0
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

pawpaw

Well, if you look at some of the songs from EU, and where they went with "Soul Music" as a starting point, I'd say they could come up with a wonderfully varied "Reggae Album." I'd prefer it if it was just a "Reggae EP" though, and they worked some more variation into their albums.

(and I love reggae)

(Off The Record is a perfect example of how bad ass reggae can be in the hands of MMJ...that song is one of my favorites to hear live)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."