Ahead Of The Curve

Started by KY_Kid, Nov 07, 2009, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

I have not historically found any desire to listen to any Conor or Bright Eyes music, but Ahead Of The Curve has really grown on me.  Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against the guy, it's just that what little of his music I've heard on satellite radio has not forced me to run to the computer and purchase an album.  

Funny enough, AOTC is actually the song that I have listened to the most from the MoF album.  Maybe it's the aviation references in the lyrics.  I just don't know...

marino13

I share your thoughts exactly.  I think maybe it's Jim's background vocals on this song that put it over the top for me.  Same with "Goodway" (even though it's an M song).

jones

Any Conor/Bright Eyes fans have any suggestions for an intro to CO/BE 101?

AMightyCaporal

QuoteAny Conor/Bright Eyes fans have any suggestions for an intro to CO/BE 101?

all of his older cds have their unbearably emo moments but have many more "wow this guy is a talented writer" moments as well

try out, lifted or the story is in the soil and/or i'm wide awake and it's morning
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

BH

Definitely I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jones

QuoteAny Conor/Bright Eyes fans have any suggestions for an intro to CO/BE 101?

all of his older cds have their unbearably emo moments but have many more "wow this guy is a talented writer" moments as well

try out, lifted or the story is in the soil and/or i'm wide awake and it's morning

Thanks for the suggestion AMC, I will give it a try.

jones

QuoteDefinitely I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.

That's two votes for I'm Wide Awake.  I will try to give it a listen tonight...