Laura Veirs - July Flame (ft Jim James)

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2009, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Did this get posted already? I ran a search...

Laura Veirs new album July Flame out next month ft Jim on a number of tracks.

You can here him on I Can See Your Tracks here: http://www.myspace.com/lauraveirs
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

capt. scotty

Good stuff...I actually listened to July Flame and then Galxies before the track JJ is on, and everything sounded pretty sweet.

How'd you hear about this DB??

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteGood stuff...I actually listened to July Flame and then Galxies before the track JJ is on, and everything sounded pretty sweet.

he's british as fuck.  something about what's in the water over there that gives him a one up on americans in music.  I can't stand it.  it's cool dragonboi is british, if you read his posts in an english accent it's pretty entertaining (no offense DB, I think you're cool, even though you are a mother fuckin red coat).

capt. scotty

QuoteGood stuff...I actually listened to July Flame and then Galxies before the track JJ is on, and everything sounded pretty sweet.

he's british as fuck.  something about what's in the water over there that gives him a one up on americans in music.  I can't stand it.  it's cool dragonboi is british, if you read his posts in an english accent it's pretty entertaining (no offense DB, I think you're cool, even though you are a mother fuckin red coat).

dude i usually find you funny, but youre way off pasture right here
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

dude i usually find you funny, but youre way off pasture right here

oh come on, I'm just messin around.  why I can't I make fun of a british dude? they made so many great bands.  America vs the British Invasion is still happenin man.  get hip to it, we gotta be careful out there.  us americans gotta stick together, ya never know when the british are going to befriend the russians and nuke us.  it's just a matter of time.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I'm going to apologize even though I didn't mean to be offensive hahaha, I don't want to start no drama round hur.  sheeit.  

ps. I love you.

dragonboy

;D  Not at all offended. Read it in the latest issue of Uncut...

EDIT: Probably not the latest issue now (Bob Dylan on the cover)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

AMightyCaporal

Sticky... you are something incredible, I dig your humor.

I love the song, really beautiful. Jim's voice has become such a masterpiece.  I can't believe its improved beyond what it was.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

mjkoehler

vespachick

Sounds sweeet! And Holy Crap, she's opening tonight for Blind Pilot!!!  We are going (If'n we can still get tix).  Tx DB! ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

Nice find db!  I've never heard of her.  I Can See Your Tracks reminded me of Meg.  I miss Meg.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Hey folks.  You can get two songs free- I Can See Your Tracks and July Flame, from the new album July Flame, due out Jan 2010, at the following link:

http://www.ravenmarchingband.com/boutique/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=18

Be aware, they want you to register and send an email newsletter.  Nice music, amazing backing vocals.  Jim James, you say?  I'll have to check him out. ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dragonboy

QuoteNice find db!  I've never heard of her.  I Can See Your Tracks reminded me of Meg.  I miss Meg.
I honestly thought the same thing. Laura reminded me of Meg & I was thinking - this could be Meg, Meg is this good...she could be singing with Jim!

Am I right in thinking she opened for the Jacket in Canada? Might be wrong...

BH

I'm pretty sure she took the place of Kathleen Edwards at one show in Canada.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

evilPaauwe

i can see your tracks sounds great!! i need to obtain some more music from her.
cheers.