Anybody else think Lay Low is underrated?

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Oct 16, 2009, 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Lay Low is a bitchin song.  doesn't seem like it gets a lot of love around here.  it should, it rocks pretty hard.  

el_chode

It definitely is. I am obsessed with the end of the song. I love how the different parts all take their turns, and the two guitars take turns bouncing off each other until they eventually dovetail into goosebumps by the end.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Soulshine

Def one of my all time faves. No question about it! As a matter of fact I'm going to listen to it right meow!  8-)
Because we're all in this together...

Sparkle

Definitely!! I'd say it's my 3rd favourite after Steam Engine and Dondante.

Sparkle

QuoteDef one of my all time faves. No question about it! As a matter of fact I'm going to listen to it right meow!  8-)

Just did that too! Lay low let the fetus rock............  :D

Soulshine

I just made my whole office rock out whether they wanted to or not! God that was amazing. I'm going to smoke a cigarette and pass out.
Because we're all in this together...

TGMC421

QuoteI just made my whole office rock out whether they wanted to or not! God that was amazing. I'm going to smoke a cigarette and pass out.

;D  Definitely one of my all-time fav of theirs!   ;)

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotegotta love the dueling guitar solo.

it screams bad ass live.  when jim is hopping around stage with the mic singing his guts out and then he reaches to his left and magically is wailing on his guitar.  fuckin love that shit.  

mlbrady89

the okonokos version of this song is epic. probably my favorite song of theirs. the lyrics are awesome
sometimes you'll see a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Shepardspy

QuoteIt definitely is. I am obsessed with the end of the song. I love how the different parts all take their turns, and the two guitars take turns bouncing off each other until they eventually dovetail into goosebumps by the end.

I always feel like the two guitars are making sweet guitar love  :-* :D at the end, but remain two separate guitars.  Then the two become one as they riff away into the night.    

weeniebeenie

Laylow is one of my favourites. When I got Z it really made me sit up and listen. I couldn't get over it for days.
How loud can silence get?

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

JacketGal

One of my favorites. That riff at the very end gets me EVERY time! It seems to say, "Do you know what you just heard? Dig it. Dig it well."
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Jaimoe

Lay Low is their best and most intense live song; the studio version is excellent too. I usually include Lay Low when I play MMJ to non-fans and/or uninitiated.

The DARK

This song does kill live. At the NYE show, it came mid to late in the main set, and it sounded so much louder and rockin' than anything that had came before. Here's to hoping they keep it all through the next tour.
In another time, in another place, in another face

DaFunkyPrecedent

first off..i don't think it's underrated.  everybody knows that song kicks ass.  

second...I see it as the next tours closer.  Every time I hear it live, it gets bigger and bigger and bigger...

God damn those shaky knees.

capt. scotty

QuoteLay Low is their best and most intense live song; the studio version is excellent too. I usually include Lay Low when I play MMJ to non-fans and/or uninitiated.

I was actually coming in here to say the same thing...After OBH, its the song I use most often as MMJ introduction. I sent an email to a few friends some months pack saying JJ rocks harder than Trey Antipasta, and the clips I included was OBH live from the Roo, War Begun live from somehwere I cant remember, and the last 3 minutes of Lay Low.

As someone who saw the "stage diving" rendition of Off the Record  last year from about 10 feet away, I think Lay Low has some competition on most intense live song.  :D

...and just by the amount of feedback thus far, I dont think the song is underrated by people. Everyone knows Lay Low is tits
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons