Muppets Revisted CD!  Happy 40th Sesame Street!

Started by LaurieBlue, Nov 05, 2009, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

I'd love these with or without MMJ  :)    And don't you just love the daily Google Doodle??

http://babies.rightcelebrity.com/?p=179

In addition to Google's tribute, fans can expect a reissuing of three classic Sesame Street albums by Koch Records. According to a source, a cover album of favorite Sesame Street and Muppet Show songs will be released in the near future. And even more, early next year Walt Disney Records will release Muppets Revisited, which includes a CD of covers by musicians like Weezer, My Morning Jacket, and Andrew Bird

BH

Found this at twentyfourbit music news on Andrew Bird and it says at the bottom that MMJ will do "Our World"

Andrew Bird launched his fall/winter tour yesterday, which includes performances of his latest Nobel Beast at two U.S. churches, London's Union Chapel, and a run of shows in Australia, but that's not all he has in store. In a Q&A with BBC 6 published today, Bird revealed that he's also scoring a film, building "a travelling museum show," and contributing to an upcoming Sesame Street/Muppets covers record.

"This is the first legitimate full length film that I did," Bird said of Norman, a film starring Adam Goldberg (also of the band LANDy) and Six Feet Under's Richard Jenkins. "I had the monitor of the film in the studio and I'm playing. It's a lot of work. I don't know if I ever want to do it again."

Also, Bird will be covering Kermit the Frog's (Jim Henson) "It's Not Easy Being Green" on a Sesame Street/Muppets covers album due out early next year.

Not many other details are provided in the article, but Warren's Children's Music Blog reports that Disney's 23rd Annual Expo announced recently that Muppets Revisited will also feature the following covers and more:

Weezer - "Rainbow Connection"
   The Fray - "Mahna Mahna"
   Evanescence's Amy Lee - "Halfway Down the Stairs"
   My Morning Jacket - "Our World"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Does anybody know what "Our World" is?  Anywhere online to hear a copy of the original?  I can't seem to find much info on it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

Wasn't this discussed in another thread?  It's from "Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas".

I can't find a clip, but here are the lyrics:

We're closer now than ever before
There's love in our world and we're showing it more
Our world says, "Welcome, stranger."
Everybody's a friend
Favorite stories don't end
In our world

Some say our world is getting too small
I say, with kindness, there's room for us all
Our world is always changing
Everyday's a surprise
Love can open your eyes
In our world

When night lays sad upon you
Go watch a simple sunrise
Love can open your eyes
In our world

It's a really sweet song sung by the otter mom   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

BH

Ooo, nice lyrics.  Sorry if I missed that.  I thought maybe I had already seen something about it but this is the only thread I could find.

ALady

Yeah, I couldn't find the other thread either.  This one's as good as any   ;)

ALady

If anyone wants to hear what the original "Our World" sounds like, you can get mp3s of all the Emmett Otter tunes on Aquarium Drunkard:

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2009/12/06/emmet-otters-jug-band-christmas/#more-9688

They have it listed as "Closer Now Than Ever Before".

Such a great tune   :)  Really excited to find this, and really excited to hear the MMJ version eventually!   :)

aMillionDreams

I wonder if their version might not be based on track 13, which is essentially a different version of the same song.  This a great soundtrack.  

I think I'm going to track down a copy of this movie, even though I've always been a fan of the Muppets I didn't know of it as a kid.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ALady

Yeah, could be.  Curious to see what they do with it!

The movie is available on DVD (just picked up a copy for my niece and nephew  :) ).  I'm told there's a "deluxe" version, but it leaves out the Kermit the Frog narration...I got them the standard version, which is supposed to have the entire movie.