Does this happen to y'all

Started by Cameron, Feb 23, 2010, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

Do you ever listen to a song a dozen or so times before you realize its greatness?  It's happened to me recently with Magic Marker.  Can't hear it enough right now.

BH

So it took you 12 licks to get to the center where there is something sweet?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Cameron

walterfredo

QuoteDo you ever listen to a song a dozen or so times before you realize its greatness?  It's happened to me recently with Magic Marker.  Can't hear it enough right now.

I can't get get enough of Magic Marker lately...the whole album to be honest. The lyrics on Magic Marker are amazing.  

Just because it's not accepted
Doesn't mean it ain't alright
Just another frozen kid who's
Tryin' to make it through tonight

I think this song has been stuck in my head now for the better part of the last month.  

capt. scotty

It took me awhile to realize the greatness of MMJ, as a band
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

trippin from shroomin

I was the same way with Master's Voice. I thought it was one of the weaker songs on the album. It took me seeing them live at the Beacon in order too open my eyes.

but the one that I like best
He sings inside my chest
I hear my master calling

AMightyCaporal

dude, all the time!  Happened to me with Rollin' Back, The way that he sings, I will sing you songs... the list will go on.  I'll be listening to an album and then something will hook me on a song I always enjoyed but never really got it... its that AHa moment baby!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

FiddleCastro

Quotedude, all the time!  Happened to me with Rollin' Back, The way that he sings, I will sing you songs... the list will go on.  I'll be listening to an album and then something will hook me on a song I always enjoyed but never really got it... its that AHa moment baby!

Same! The latest song to do that to me is Knot Comes Loose, always liked it, but last play-through of Z, i just realized how good that song is. L
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

capt. scotty

What A Wonderful Man hit me like this. It was my least favorite song for awhile, but I would still listen to it just for that riff. Cant say its my favorite off Z now or anything, but I hope every show I see has a WAWM
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Bigsky

It's happening to me right now...with this thread ;)

mahg33ta

the best part of the new tour announcements is that all the MMJ is back on heavy rotation.   I'm "re-discovering" how brilliant so many of the songs are.   Today's treat:   Lowdown - love the lyrics.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

My Morning Jacket has merged with my soul, therefore I understand them completely and entirely.  Every song they have is penned by the hand of God and carried by the Angels directly to Jim James brain.
What more is there to get?

Soulshine

I like that when I see a thread title that says "Does this happen to y'all" on this forum-I already know the answer is yes before I read it.
Because we're all in this together...

Erik26

QuoteMy Morning Jacket has merged with my soul, therefore I understand them completely and entirely.  Every song they have is penned by the hand of God and carried by the Angels directly to Jim James brain.
What more is there to get?
awesome. I agree but I wouldn't say I understand them completely and entirely. Not sure if they even do.

I got a little excited last time I heard remnants, which was weird because I am usually not very excited to hear it. Now I like it and they didn't play it at the 3 shows I went to last tour so I wouldn't mind experiencing a live Remnants this tour.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need