Main Menu

New Music

Started by Valle_Mystico, Apr 27, 2010, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valle_Mystico

Does anyone have any updates if they are writing new material.

SaraBananaBear

Well, here's some recent mentions of writing/recording that I have found:

http://blog.al.com/mcolurso/2010/04/five_things_to_know_about_my_m.html
"With recording and writing, we take it slow," he says. "We're really lucky, or maybe it's just that we position ourselves that way. Either way, it's nice. We have a few songs knocking around for the next album."

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/my-morning-jacket-unites-and-re-emerges/Content?oid=1915924
"Charleston is the sixth stop on the My Morning Jacket tour, just a few days after JazzFest, giving the bands plenty of time to polish up their joint musical ventures. This summer, says Broemel, they'll likely start planning out the next album, in between a major tour that includes a few dates with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers"

http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/music/2010-04-21/story/my-morning-jacket-touring-again-stops-tuesday-st-augustine
"The tour is just the beginning or their revival, as Hallahan said they'll probably start working on a new album this summer. They want to be free from a time frame, so when it's done, it's done, he said. For now, the tour is their focus"

Hope that helps!
:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Valle_Mystico

thanks really has my hopes up for the next album :D

SaraBananaBear

Quotethanks really has my hopes up for the next album :D

Well sharing is caring [ch9829]  ;)

Erik26

Personally I am hoping for a new album, another rarities package and maybe solo albums from JJ and Carl...That would be sweet.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

SaraBananaBear

QuotePersonally I am hoping for a new album, another rarities package and maybe solo albums from JJ and Carl...That would be sweet.

While we're hoping, maybe hope for a DVD too?
Heard (read) on Twitter:
(Chalkdust99)"Sat next to Danny Clinch (Phish, etc photog) last night @Preshall for #mymorningjacket. He was tight-lipped, but he had a crew of 4 filming. My guess is that they are putting out a DVD of the weekend's performances, but what do I know? #mymorningjacket  #preshall"

And why not go crazy and hope for European Tour sometime soon, woohoo  :D

AMightyCaporal

99 posts already S? Almost all of them chock full of MMJ related info goodness too! You go girl!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Erik26

QuotePersonally I am hoping for a new album, another rarities package and maybe solo albums from JJ and Carl...That would be sweet.

Heard (read) on Twitter:
(Chalkdust99)"Sat next to Danny Clinch (Phish, etc photog) last night @Preshall for #mymorningjacket. He was tight-lipped, but he had a crew of 4 filming. My guess is that they are putting out a DVD of the weekend's performances, but what do I know? #mymorningjacket  #preshall"

I thought I heard they filmed the RCMH show from 2008 as well...I am hoping for a blue ray for their next video release. Although I don't think I will ever tire of watching Acoustic Chorale and Okonokos. Have you seen both of those Sara?

SaraBananaBear

99 posts already S? Almost all of them chock full of MMJ related info goodness too! You go girl!

Oh you're just too nice, thank you! I'll just repeat myself and say that it's so much fun to share stuff I find with such nice people :)

SaraBananaBear

Heard (read) on Twitter:

I thought I heard they filmed the RCMH show from 2008 as well...I am hoping for a blue ray for their next video release. Although I don't think I will ever tire of watching Acoustic Chorale and Okonokos. Have you seen both of those Sara?

Yes I have, my friend (sunnyday) and I have regular MMJ evenings, so there's been an evening or two dedicated to Okonokos. Acoustic Chorale I've only seen on YouTube though, but that works too.

SaraBananaBear

Little update on this;
"We did some demos," Broemel said. "They weren't necessarily for a My Morning Jacket record, but they might turn into some. ... We've had some e-mails going, brainstorming and stuff like that. I don't really know. I think we're going to get together and start rehearsing like after the tour, sometime in the summer. The last couple of records have felt kind of rushed," he said, "and I don't think this one is going to be rushed"

More here: http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2010/04/my-morning-jacket-merriweather-post-pavilion.php

Erik26

Heard (read) on Twitter:

Yes I have, my friend (sunnyday) and I have regular MMJ evenings, so there's been an evening or two dedicated to Okonokos. Acoustic Chorale I've only seen on YouTube though, but that works too.

Try ebay once a week or so, you should be able to get one eventually. I have 2, one never to be played as well as another I watch and I paid $15 and $30 respectively for them on ebay.

SaraBananaBear

Heard (read) on Twitter:

Try ebay once a week or so, you should be able to get one eventually. I have 2, one never to be played as well as another I watch and I paid $15 and $30 respectively for them on ebay.

Sounds like a plan, will do, as soon as I get enough money. $15 - $30 isn't much, but with the custom fee it can become quite a lot :-/

Ghosts_on_TV

Heard (read) on Twitter:

Sounds like a plan, will do, as soon as I get enough money. $15 - $30 isn't much, but with the custom fee it can become quite a lot :-/

it's a lot when it was free to begin with. You do rock, by the way.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

SaraBananaBear

Heard (read) on Twitter:

it's a lot when it was free to begin with. You do rock, by the way.

thanks a lot  and right back at you  8-)

johnnYYac

Sara et al.  Go to these links to download AVI files, one for each song from Acoustic Chorale.  I also have the whole thing in a folder for burning a video DVD.  The quality is not top notch, but its the best I can do.  I also own a copy from eBay and LOVE IT!

Bermuda Highway AVI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OGPFI8UL

At Dawn AVI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3P29COJB

Sooner AVI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XXETP4PO

Where To Begin AVI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CX8EZGJ4

I Think I'm Going To Hell AVI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GXT1BKZT

Strangulation AVI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6YWEWTHA

Acoustic Chorale DVD files (low res- 433 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S0V7KK50
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Thanks again, what a good day this is turning out to be, thank you so much!