Main Menu

Covers

Started by laroo86, Apr 10, 2010, 10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laroo

It's kind of funny when a cover sounds better to you then the original. Suspicious minds is definitely one...

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteIt's kind of funny when a cover sounds better to you then the original. Suspicious minds is definitely one...

oh wow, not even the fellas' version sounds better to me than the King's version....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

laroo

QuoteIt's kind of funny when a cover sounds better to you then the original. Suspicious minds is definitely one...

oh wow, not even the fellas' version sounds better to me than the King's version....

Don't get me wrong... i love elvis :) but the way jim plays it sounds so gentle and sweet.

FiddleCastro

It Makes No Difference <3 :D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Erik26

QuoteIt Makes No Difference <3 :D
I agree with the Elvis comments and would put The band in that catagory as well. Some songs are just so classic that, although the cover is amazing nobody can really outdo the original. MMJ does an incredible job covering songs, but not every cover is better than the original.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Penny Lane

QuoteIt Makes No Difference <3 :D
I agree with the Elvis comments and would put The band in that catagory as well. Some songs are just so classic that, although the cover is amazing nobody can really outdo the original. MMJ does an incredible job covering songs, but not every cover is better than the original.

what he said.

this song probably shouldn't even be ALLOWED to be covered, but MMJ gets a pass since....well...they're MMJ
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

FiddleCastro

The Way I see it, is it combines everything i love about The Band, and everything I love about MMJ, and just becomes everything I love about music.  :)
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

megalicious

blue moon

make it with you
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

SaraBananaBear

Quotemake it with you

Oooh, that's a good one, totally agree  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

capt. scotty

Im surprised Rocketman and Tyrone havent been mentioned yet
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

SaraBananaBear

QuoteIm surprised Rocketman and Tyrone havent been mentioned yet

Both are great, especially the VPRO FM Holland version of Rocketman
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

laroo

Both are great, especially the VPRO FM Holland version of Rocketman

I love their cover of rocketman! that was the first one I heard actually and I couldn't stop listening to it. They absolutely do an amazing job covering songs and when I see them at some point I hope they play some. I've never bean to any of their shows unfortunately so I really don't know which covers they like playing live.

Erik26

The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Murph

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2004-06-18.shnf

The Man in Me cover is sooo soo good, they killed it with that one.

Bug

I would like to see MMJ cover Genesis, No Reply At All

;D

ynwa

QuoteHot Burrito #1

oh yes.  that & rocketman (VPRO FM Holland) and i also really REALLY love dream a little dream of me (WFPK Live Lunch).
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

dewalston

i agree with this

Sticky Icky Green Stuff