My Morning Chekov

Started by admin, Apr 21, 2010, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

I heart JJ

Glad I am technically challenged and never downloaded it anyhoo...

criminal!  get outta here
.....Back at the Model Home

Bigsky

I know I probable should keep this to myself, but these tracks are wonderful. I wish the boys would release it so everyone could enjoy. Some of the melodies and moods are just amazing... :)

Erik26

QuoteI know I probable should keep this to myself, but these tracks are wonderful. I wish the boys would release it so everyone could enjoy. Some of the melodies and moods are just amazing... :)
That would be wicked. I would love to hear these tracks one day.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

clevermoon

writing songs is like magic..it's better if you dont't see how they did it

joey_rogo

Thanks CC and Jim for clearing up all the confusion and whatnot. I never d/led the stuff. Not gonna lie tho, I am curious to hear it and was planning on giving it a listen but after hearing the full story I'll just letter b.

capt. scotty

did casettewoman get teh banned?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

weeniebeenie

I'm glad I didn't listen to it.
How loud can silence get?

Bigsky

Is it wrong to talk about these tracks? I would like to, but I don't want to disrespect the boys. I'm having a hard time with this subject of not talking about something I know about or am experiencing.

What does everyone think? Should the discussion of these tracks that only a few have heard be closed or open?  :-/

CC

jones

Quotea note from jim:

"If you have already downloaded these sorts of things,
please keep them to yourself and don't pass them around anymore."

Just to be clear:  Is it okay to keep what we have or are we expected to delete it?  I would like to keep it, but I don't want to violate someone's privacy. If Jim is ultimately asking for this to be deleted even though I wouldn't pass it around, I will comply.  However the phrase "please keep them to yourself" suggests otherwise.

CC?

Bigsky

Quotei would say closed

Understood...I will bottle up these emotions to be released at a later time. ;)

CC

Quotea note from jim:

Just to be clear:  Is it okay to keep what we have or are we expected to delete it?  I would like to keep it, but I don't want to violate someone's privacy. If Jim is ultimately asking for this to be deleted even though I wouldn't pass it around, I will comply.  However the phrase "please keep them to yourself" suggests otherwise.

CC?

the note is pretty clear.
I guess it's up to you if you want to keep or delete it.

jones

Quotea note from jim:

CC?

the note is pretty clear.
I guess it's up to you if you want to keep or delete it.

Okay, I understand.  Thanks.

Coltrane

I think it's time for a special operation, Mission Impossible-style, to get that tape from cassettewoman and get back to JJ as soon as possible!!

I have spelunking equipment....who's in!!??!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI think it's time for a special operation, Mission Impossible-style, to get that tape from cassettewoman and get back to JJ as soon as possible!!

I have spelunking equipment....who's in!!??!!

MMJ and Co. could find cassettewoman one way or another if they have their IP.  They could also get a subpoena for the ISP and demand they give over the records to who that person really is.  If they wanted to.  seems like a lot of hassle for an old demo tho.

I'm still convinced that chick was a dude.  

BH

Well I think Jim made things pretty clear.  Discussing it is just going to make it worse.  Let's delete this thread and just move on.  Or at least just let the thread fade away.  If the songs were  meant to be, they will come back to us.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

buymycar

Stolen as the war begun...

casettewoman = Zach Galifianakis?

Soulshine

Quotea note from jim:

"hello everyone and thanks for listening and supporting us and being here on
our forum. We are super stoked to be back out on the road right now and look
forward to seeing you out here. Just wanted to write a note saying that if
anyone posts music here in the way that "cassettewoman" has- claiming that
it is unheard or unreleased- that is music that we have not approved and
don't want released or heard by the public. This cassette was stolen from me
at some point or obtained fraudulently, and is an invasion of my privacy.
Anyone who works on art or music or anything they care about deeply knows
that [highlight]you don't want people hearing or seeing art you are working on that is
not finished yet, or that you arent happy with and don't want released. Art
and music are works of the soul- deeply personal things[/highlight]...and it feels very
uncomfortable to have them taken from you and released to the public...if
you are a fan of the band you will know that I really enjoy releasing demos
and raw versions of works, etc- and we try to release as much of that type
of stuff as we can...but if its not coming directly from us as an official
release, its not something we want people hearing. Like I said earlier,
thank you for being a fan and for even being interested in our music...we
really appreciate it. If you have already downloaded these sorts of things,
please keep them to yourself and don't pass them around anymore. Thanks so
much for listening and your support. God bless."

Hey friends...I'm not trying to dig up a sore subject, but I've been on hiatus. I think this makes perfect sense.  A friend of mine is an amazing artist. We had a big party at his parents house and watched him burn years worth of his art in a bonfire. This was art he didn't want anyone possessing. It killed us to watch him destroy it b/c to us it was beautiful and amazing, but we all respected his wishes b/c we love and support him.
Because we're all in this together...