documentary on the making of Z?

Started by hardhelmethead, May 07, 2010, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moses malone

i remember seeing it on demand (comcast cable) around the time Z was released.  i have searched hi and lo for it in recent years but no luck.  it ran about 15-30 minutes as best i can recall and was basically footage/interviews from the catskills studio where they recorded the album.  

this ring a bell with anyone?  

ynwa

no sir.  sounds good tho.  

your name, however, is quite familiar  ;)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

AlwxanderD10

I've got it on my computer, Im not home so I can't post it now but you might be able to find it if you try searching "Z epk" on google.

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

bluesky

Love the Twin Peaks references with Tommy and Patrick, Jim's glasses and booty shaking and that they just seemed to be having a great time!

moses malone

yes that is the one!  thanks so much!

i forgot about the weird patrick and tom interviews...good stuff all around

Love Dogg

I haven't watched it in awhile...but wasn't Tom's interview in reverse?  

And if I'm not mistaken, they used a clip of that in the studio vesion of Off The Record during the instrumental jam at the end.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

theonlyone

vwxg14a

Things I noticed about this video.

1.  I compare it Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii documentary.  In both you get to see each band working on their breakout album (at least to non-mmj fans).  I wished it was longer.

2.  Jim is fooling around with the omnichord.

3.  Three quarters of the way through, a sheet listed all the songs they were working on was displayed.  

1. Lay Low
2. Wordless Chorus
3. Gideon
4. Off The Record
5. What a Wonderful Man
6. It Beats For You
9. Anytime (Which is numbered 9. 7&8 skipped)
10. The Knot Comes Loose
11. How Could I Know
12. Devils Peanut Butter
13. Dondante
14. ******* (completely crossed off)
15. Milking Song (what is this)
16. Chills
17. Thats 2 Bad (What is this).

All the songs were on the album except Into The Woods (and imho one of their weakest songs).

I finally listened to Chills (on the Heroes soundtrack!?!) I definitely think this should have taken the spot of Into the Woods.

Anyways does anyone know what the crossed off song, Milking Song and Thats too bad are?
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

Love Dogg

QuoteThings I noticed about this video.

1.  I compare it Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii documentary.  In both you get to see each band working on their breakout album (at least to non-mmj fans).  I wished it was longer.

3.  Three quarters of the way through, a sheet listed all the songs they were working on was displayed.  

1. Lay Low
2. Wordless Chorus
3. Gideon
4. Off The Record
5. What a Wonderful Man
6. It Beats For You
10. The Knot Comes Loose
11. How Could I Know
12. Devils Peanut Butter
13. Dondante
16. Chills

All the songs were on the album except Into The Woods (and imho one of their weakest songs).

I finally listened to Chills (on the Heroes soundtrack!?!) I definitely think this should have taken the spot of Into the Woods.

Anyways does anyone know what the crossed off song, Milking Song and Thats too bad are?

No.  But I think you should reconsider your stance on Into The Woods.  One of my favorite Jacket songs.  One of the best Jacket songs.  

Otherwise...good eyes.  
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

SaraBananaBear

QuoteThings I noticed about this video.

1. Lay Low
2. Wordless Chorus
3. Gideon
4. Off The Record
5. What a Wonderful Man
6. It Beats For You
10. The Knot Comes Loose
11. How Could I Know
12. Devils Peanut Butter
13. Dondante
16. Chills

No.  But I think you should reconsider your stance on Into The Woods.  One of my favorite Jacket songs.  One of the best Jacket songs.  

Otherwise...good eyes.  

I really like Into The Woods too, but then again I like all songs, the lyrics to Into The Woods has a special place in my heart though  :)

danz

i was gonna post about those lost songs as well...

Crispy

I really like Into The Woods too, but then again I like all songs, the lyrics to Into The Woods has a special place in my heart though  :)

"A good shower head and my right hand..."  ::)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

SaraBananaBear

Hahaha, pff, you can't take it out of it's context though  :P

Soulshine

sheeeeeit...those are the only lovers I've had recently  :-/
Because we're all in this together...

johnnYYac

:o
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Love Dogg

You and your shiney bangs need to go hit the streets, babe.   ;)

searchinbig

Sometimes your left hand will treat you better.  ;)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

AMightyCaporal

;D
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side