The Curse of MMJ...

Started by Bigsky, Jun 21, 2010, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

Ever since I started listening to MMJ, back in January of 2008, I have been cursed...or I should say my ears have been cursed. From the first time I heard the sweet sound of our boys I have not been able to enjoy other music. I find myself comparing everything to MMJ and their shows...and everything else I hear now sucks. For example, I have gone to two Phish shows, the latest this last Friday; and they were OK, but they sucked compared to any MMJ show I've seen. I know this is a side effect of my jacketitis, but I see it as a curse. I don't think I'll ever go to a Phish show again...I'd rather save my money for My Morning Jacket...

searchinbig

Not a curse but definitely a bad (good!) addiction! [smiley=evil.gif]

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

EasyRyder

Know what you mean....I was stuck trying to decide if i would go to Phish's Alpharetta run for 4th of July.
It makes me happy that you said Phish's 2 shows were just okay, because you helped push me over the edge to buy 3-day Voodoo tickets!

a devilishly good addiction indeed....too bad it's not as cheap as cigarettes...
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

capt. scotty

QuoteEver since I started listening to MMJ, back in January of 2008, I have been cursed...or I should say my ears have been cursed. From the first time I heard the sweet sound of our boys I have not been able to enjoy other music. I find myself comparing everything to MMJ and their shows...and everything else I hear now sucks. For example, I have gone to two Phish shows, the latest this last Friday; and they were OK, but they sucked compared to any MMJ show I've seen. I know this is a side effect of my jacketitis, but I see it as a curse. I don't think I'll ever go to a Phish show again...I'd rather save my money for My Morning Jacket...

maybe you should get a jacket titties reduction
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Bigsky

QuoteEver since I started listening to MMJ, back in January of 2008, I have been cursed...or I should say my ears have been cursed. From the first time I heard the sweet sound of our boys I have not been able to enjoy other music. I find myself comparing everything to MMJ and their shows...and everything else I hear now sucks. For example, I have gone to two Phish shows, the latest this last Friday; and they were OK, but they sucked compared to any MMJ show I've seen. I know this is a side effect of my jacketitis, but I see it as a curse. I don't think I'll ever go to a Phish show again...I'd rather save my money for My Morning Jacket...

maybe you should get a jacket titties reduction

It' jacketitis not jacketitties... ;D your silly

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1212757942/0#0

My Morning Coffee

haha GRRR I hate the MMJ/Phish comparisons...two completely different beasts! Both favs of mine tho.

I just got back from the Phish SPAC run this weekend and the thought did occur to me...do I even dance at MMJ shows?  The live experience is totally different for me.  Both bring the same energy, make me feel those same goosebumps...but at MMJ I let it out in a completely different (read: balls to the wall) way than I do at Phish where I'm more just 'sharing in the groove'   ::)

~ I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~