eBay auction for 9 LPs...

Started by Johnny_Yac, Jul 28, 2010, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

EDIT: Posting updated 8/3/10

No bids yet.  Starting price is $169.99.  I don't do vinyl, so I don't know if this is a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MY-MORNING-JACKET-Vinyl-COLLECTION-LP-Lot-9-Records-SS-/260645038958?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cafa7ab6e

MY MORNING JACKET
LOT OF 9 ALBUMS
NEW/SEALED

Tennessee Fire
At Dawn
It Still Moves
Z
Okonokos
Evil Urges
Celebracion De La Ciudad Natal (Record Store Day exclusive)
Yim Yames Tribute To
Chocolate and Ice
+ BONUS (not pictured) Off The Record 7" Single

Lot of 9 MMJ record albums + 1 free 7"! You get all of the albums listed above, an instant MMJ collection! All still sealed brand new except At Dawn is opened (but unplayed), all are first pressing records except the first three (Tenn Fire, At Dawn, ISM) are limited edition colored vinyl re-issues - the rest are all 1st pressing. That's almost every single My Morning Jacket LP record, to my knowledge the only ones missing are Acoustic Citsouca and the NYE Skit Disc (I have the skit disc available separate in another auction, please check it out-see below) A must have for fans and collectors of one of the greatest performers of our day - MMJ is rated among the top live show performers! Highly sought after rare vinyl! Ships fast and packed safe in an oversized box - your LP's will be shipped with the greatest care.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

AlwxanderD10

20 each isn't really that great but I guess it's cool that they're all together.  :(

johnnYYac

Quote20 each isn't really that great but I guess it's cool that they're all together.  :(

Yeah, I thought it was a bit overpriced (especially the skit disc), but its one-stop shopping, I suppose.  The fact that no one has bid says something, too.  

BH

OKONOKOS is tough to find for less than 40 so that makes it a bit better.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

QuoteOKONOKOS is tough to find for less than 40 so that makes it a bit better.

Good point.  And is the Off the Record single rare-ish?

2 hrs. 15 min. left (at 9:15 PM EST) and still no bites.

Im The Dude

QuoteOKONOKOS is tough to find for less than 40 so that makes it a bit better.

Good point.  And is the Off the Record single rare-ish?

2 hrs. 15 min. left (at 9:15 PM EST) and still no bites.

yeah it is. I've never seen it up for sale on ebay, at least in the last several months.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

johnnYYac

Huh.  The auction ended with no bids.  I kinda wish  I had a nice turntable (and $180 laying around).  I have all of those albums on CD and digitally (and all legally purchased, btw).  Maybe I should try for the 8-track box set, too.

johnnYYac

elzar

autographed skit disc!  8-)  :o  8-)

ynwa

i was eyeballing this but just don't have the funds.  the instant collection factor is nice but that's more than i can spend on something i don't even have the means of playing.  if it still doesn't sell i'd imagine they'll come down on the price a bit more, or sweeten the deal somehow.  
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

e_wind

if this comes up again i think i'll buy it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...