Carl interview + Benefit LP

Started by SaraBananaBear, Aug 19, 2010, 08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Carl interview:
"We've about halfway finished with a new record. We've been working in Louisville. We've been working at a church that has a bunch of different rooms in it, we've been setting up and recording. We're just taking it real slow and real relaxed. It has been really fun so far; I don't want to jinx it, but I'm super stoked so far,"

More and source here: http://www.masslive.com/springfield/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-30/1282116136260070.xml&coll=1

And:
"Top artists like My Morning Jacket, OK Go, Steve Earle, R.E.M.'s Mike Mills, Tom Morello and more have teamed up for a new digital benefit compilation, titled Dear New Orleans, marking the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. The set — which hits all digital retailers and DearNewOrleansMusic.org  on August 24th — includes new material, covers of traditional songs about New Orleans, and collaborations with local musicians. The MC5's Wayne Kramer teams up with New Orleans' funk rock mainstays Bonerama on one track, while MMJ collaborate with Preservation Hall Jazz Band on a cover of Al Johnson's Mardi Gras anthem "Carnival Time" for another."

Found here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/192129
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

wakebord

this is fantastic on all counts.  A studio cut of Carnival Time is something I've been dying for since seeing it live in the spring.

Bigsky

The world of MMJ is exploding right now...in my pants.

Nice find BearBananaSara

e_wind

mmj is the only the band i really care for on the track list, hopefully the songs hit iTunes so i can buy just Carnival Time
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EasyRyder

Another awesome find! I absolutely love how New Orleans has started to become MMJ's cultural home away from home.

By doing this, the Preservation Hall benefit album, and touring with PHJB they've probably contributed more time and support to the city than any other band from another part of the country recently.

True southern gents they are...
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EasyRyder

Wonder which show this is from. I don't think it's Birmingham and I know it's not Jazz Fest bc Al would've been on it...

Thanks for the links and upload!

EasyRyder

QuoteWonder which show this is from. I don't think it's Birmingham and I know it's not Jazz Fest bc Al would've been on it...

I'm not sure if anyone cares, but I've narrowed it down to the St. Augustine, Charleston or Columbus shows for the Carnival Time recording that they used on this album.

I can't check the Charleston video bc I deleted it from my computer due to the file being too big, but I'm almost 100% positive it's one of these three.

johnnYYac

QuoteWonder which show this is from. I don't think it's Birmingham and I know it's not Jazz Fest bc Al would've been on it...

I'm not sure if anyone cares, but I've narrowed it down to the St. Augustine, Charleston or Columbus shows for the Carnival Time recording that they used on this album.

I can't check the Charleston video bc I deleted it from my computer due to the file being too big, but I'm almost 100% positive it's one of these three.

You deleted the Charleston show!  PM me if you want a copy on DVD.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.