Started by rincon, Jul 23, 2011, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: Taterbug on Jul 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jul 26, 2011, 09:28 AM
"

"My wife and daughter don't like them"
Divorce and boarding school!

I like the way you think Crispy  ;D    Although I don't think I can afford either one. I guess I'll just have to keep listening to my duaghters music, Owl City and Nicki Minaj and other bullshit  :-X   Damn kids these days have NO taste in music, I guess if it's to loud I'm to old. I think I'm turning into my grandfather.

Confession: I kinda like Owl City.  :bath:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

vespachick

I heard Owl City for the first time the other day on the Spotify. My ears started bleeding.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Crispy

Quote from: vespachick on Jul 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
I heard Owl City for the first time the other day on the Spotify. My ears started bleeding.

It'll grow on you after the bleeding stops.  ;D Funny, speaking of "treacle" and "cloying."
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

DaFunkyPrecedent

I've lost good friends and even girl friends due to my obsession w/ MMJ.  It isn't at all healthy or fiscally responsible...but lord is it fun. 
God damn those shaky knees.

el_chode

I stopped trying unless someone else brings it up. It comes down to most of my friends either being overly genre-loyal (e.g. "I only like Punk") or they have their mind made up based off hearing 1 song, which is how they judge all music.

Flip side: there has yet to be a single person who walked away from a live show not a fan.

I brought my wife to a 2005ish show in NYC. It wasn't my favorite MMJ show, but it sold her no prob.

I brought a good friend to Bamboozle back in like '03 or '04 and he was sold.

I brought another friend to T5 night 5 (EU) and he had only heard okonokos and now he's demanding to see a full-catalogue show.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Tracy 2112

Quote from: el_chode on Jul 27, 2011, 11:57 PM
Flip side: there has yet to be a single person who walked away from a live show not a fan.

I had a couple I know leave during the middle of the Ryman show back in 2006; they had free tickets and thought it sucked. However, they did give me rave reviews of the Bob Seger show they saw last month.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

scosby2

haha...my girlfriend loves to go to the shows just to watch me...she says that my happiest moment in life is when I am standing in front of this band...she's absolutely right

e_wind

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 28, 2011, 12:08 AM

I had a couple I know leave during the middle of the Ryman show back in 2006; they had free tickets and thought it sucked. However, they did give me rave reviews of the Bob Seger show they saw last month.

Yeah a couple I know walked out of the Yum Center last year
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tracy 2112

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 28, 2011, 01:21 AM

Yeah a couple I know walked out of the Yum Center last year

This gives me an idea for a new thread...
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

el_chode

Listen, I'm not hatin' on Seger. However, if I'm not driving down a lonesome highway at 2 AM with the windows down, I don't see a need to listen to Bob.
I'm surrounded by assholes

lil sis

I wasn't into them really at all, but told my sister last summer that I would go with her to MPP.  Thought it would be nice to do something different and get a little road trip out of it.  Needless to say I've been to 8 shows in a years time, am flying across the country to see them at Red Rocks and have MPP, Philly and hopefully an NYC show on deck after that.  I think you either get it or you don't and if you don't get it seeing a live show I don't know what else you can do.

My bf is not into them but it doesn't bother me at all.  It's nice to have something that just my sister and I can share together.  We have a 7 1/2 year gap between us and this band has honestly brought us closer together.  :beer:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."