Main Menu

Sweatbees

Started by Johnny_Yac, Jul 01, 2010, 09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

"Sweatbees"

Special extended Australian only 'best of' compilation of previously released tracks!

Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
O Is The One That Is Real
Come Closer
Sooner
Sweetheart ("Chocolate And Ice EP" version)
Can You See The Hard Helmet On My Head
Death Is The Easy Way ("At Dawn" version)
How Do You Know

I just got this CD on eBay with a winning bid of $5.50!  I have all of these tracks digitally in numerous places, but having the new CD is sweet.

I was gonna tag this on the end of another Sweatbees thread, but according to the search function, this is the first thread on the subject in the past year.

Any thoughts on the various EPs?  Tune selection?  Which one(s) are worth having?  

Also curious about all of the tunes MMJ released throught the Louisville is For Lovers series.  I don't own any of those, but have a few of the tracks (not all, though).  Wouldn't a compilation of all these loose tracks be nice...

Ch. 3  Melting Point. Later Recordings

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

I almost bought that on eBay once and forgot before the bidding was over.  Nice score!  Cheap!

I made this a while back and was just thinking how I may be ready to work on my chapter 4 soon.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1227281732/12#12
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Erik26

I picked it up several months ago, it is just a great mix of songs.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

weeniebeenie

I had no idea that there was an extended version. Up until now I just thought I had the normal Sweatbees.
How loud can silence get?

ynwa

congrats yakattack!  what an excellent find.

i bought sweatbees a few months ago as well & discoverd that those tracks were the stuffs of my intro to mmj back in the day.  brought me right back.  (minus the guilt of illegal downloading.)    
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

johnnYYac

Just had a thoroughly enjoyable listen to Sweatbees.  What a perfect collection of tunes.  And I love the picture inside, with beardless Tommy and Patrick.

e_wind

That's on sale at ear-x-tacy for like 25 or 35$. I guess it's rare?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

QuoteThat's on sale at ear-x-tacy for like 25 or 35$. I guess it's rare?
It might be.  I don't do vinyl, so I picked up the CD (released in 2002)on eBay back in July for $5.50.  It also happens to be an Australian version, which has 4 additional tracks.  

Lowdown
The Way that He Sings
O is the One that is Real
Come Closer
Sooner

Add'l tracks on Australian version:

Sweetheart (from Chocolate and Ice EP)
Can You See the Hard Helmet on My Head
Death is the Easy Way (At Dawn version)
How Do You Know

Right now, there's a 5-track CD on eBay going for $38.39 ($3 shipping) and the Australian 9-track CD for about $20 (plus about $7 shipping) from Australia, new and sealed.  Makes me feel pretty good snagging it for $6!

tdb810

QuoteJust had a thoroughly enjoyable listen to Sweatbees.  What a perfect collection of tunes.  And I love the picture inside, with beardless Tommy and Patrick.

I'm sorry, I do not like to objectify men -- but that picture is HAWT!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

Totally did not recognize Patrick   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

QuoteJust had a thoroughly enjoyable listen to Sweatbees.  What a perfect collection of tunes.  And I love the picture inside, with beardless Tommy and Patrick.

I'm sorry, I do not like to objectify men -- but that picture is HAWT!!!

Why whatever do you mean?  :P
Cow temperature.

johnnYYac

The Australian version of the Sweatbees EP on CD, with three more tracks than the US version, is available on eBay from a seller in Australia for (what looks like) about $28 US, shipping included.  The US version is also available elsewhere on eBay for almost $40, so this is kind of a good deal, and there are many available. 

For the completist, who just received a check from their great aunt Edna for Christmas, this may be worth it.  Copies do come up from time to time for far less, as the start of this thread indicates.  Just FYI.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380302688630&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Dillsnufus

where do i get these chapter 3 tracks?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Dec 28, 2010, 02:52 PM
where do i get these chapter 3 tracks?

tongue firmly in cheek; wishful thinking

seems time to provide all these loose singles, dontcha think?

scosby2

nice find buddy!! p.s. hope the new year was fantastic

johnnYYac

Quote from: scosby2 on Jan 01, 2011, 07:47 PM
nice find buddy!! p.s. hope the new year was fantastic
You, too, Seth!  Happy New Year to you and Bailey.  Looking forward to seeing you in 2011!

Jellyfish

I bought the Aussie version a long time ago before it got rare for pennies.Great collection of tunes to turn someone on who's never heard of MMJ.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

johnnYYac

eBay has a number of these CDs up right now, with the 5-track version running almost $40 and the Aussie version running $70!!!  So the listing above of the Aussie for $30 is comparatively a good deal, I suppose. 

johnnYYac

I had to post this.  Someone in the US is selling the 9-track version, 4 copies available and brand new, for the low LOW price of only...

$1000 ! ! !
Don't miss your chance! 

WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190486171869

Of course, I failed to consider the fact the shipping is FREE!   :thumbsup:

Here are 2 available for about $30: http://cgi.ebay.com/MY-MORNING-JACKET-Sweatbees-CD-Sealed-Australian-9-Tr-/170524147064?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item27b407fd78