Who's Excited for Wonderful...& the new album?

Started by Bigsky, Nov 16, 2010, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

Because we're all in this together...

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotemmmm loose and dirty
...justt how I like my women.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

johnnYYac

I believe we need MMJ to perform the new album just ahead of its release at Terminal 5, then release all 6 performances.  I'd find a way to go.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

Some one told me (don't know how true it is) that they played all of EU at Ear X-tacy just after its release. I would love that to happen. Id go to NYC for a full pre-release album show in a heart beat though.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteSome one told me (don't know how true it is) that they played all of EU at Ear X-tacy just after its release. I would love that to happen. Id go to NYC for a full pre-release album show in a heart beat though.
They played there, pretty sure they didn't do all of EU though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I'm pumped for friends again.  I might be in the minority but that song is my favorite of the new shit.  I like it more than wonderful and more than circuital even though both are top shelf.  love that riff.  doobie doobie doo.

e_wind

I agree. Been sayin that since I first heard circuital.

Crowes74

New to this board,  but not the music.  Wondering if you good folks know when the release date might be,  itching for it.

e_wind

Late spring/early summer is all the info we have right now.

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

BH

Quote from: AMightyCaporal on Jan 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
Quote from: BH on Nov 17, 2010, 11:07 AM

BH you have a tiny hand!

You know what they say about guys with tiny hands don't you?   Wait, how does that go.....??.??
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

Quote from: BH on Jan 10, 2011, 12:22 PM
Quote from: AMightyCaporal on Jan 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
Quote from: BH on Nov 17, 2010, 11:07 AM

BH you have a tiny hand!

You know what they say about guys with tiny hands don't you?   Wait, how does that go.....??.??

what about ladies with HUGE hands?...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kydiddle

Hahahaha! This never gets old for me, Penny Lane.
Cow temperature.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 10, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hahahaha! This never gets old for me, Penny Lane.

thanks, Ky..i like to think that my immaturity and cattiness will never get old... ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

darkglow

listening to the experimental (and groundbreaking if i must say) approach they are taking to playing music live.. i think this next album is going to throw us for a loop. when they are playing music live now it's like they are taking you on a journey.. i just posted this video in another thread but i think it goes here too as a point of reference

Dondante part 2 - My Morning Jacket 2010.10.22 Terminal 5 NYC

this makes me scratch my head as to wonder what kind of dark/sinister stuff is being recorded in that church right now? so glad they are doin' this one live

bluesky

thanks darkglow watching this and the post xmas show that Jim and Patrick did has me hoping for a really heavy album!!!   
Quote from: darkglow on Jan 24, 2011, 11:02 PM
listening to the experimental (and groundbreaking if i must say) approach they are taking to playing music live.. i think this next album is going to throw us for a loop. when they are playing music live now it's like they are taking you on a journey.. i just posted this video in another thread but i think it goes here too as a point of reference

Dondante part 2 - My Morning Jacket 2010.10.22 Terminal 5 NYC

this makes me scratch my head as to wonder what kind of dark/sinister stuff is being recorded in that church right now? so glad they are doin' this one live

darkglow

most people would think that when you say "heavy" you mean like head thrashing, beer swilling, screamo shit.. but MMJ heavy is really intense and powerful stuff that seems to feel like a warm blanket surrounding you to keep you out from the cold at times and then with the flip of the proverbial light switch, changes pace to attack that one part of your soul that needed it the most and it makes you feel vulnerable but in a good way.

bluesky

darkglow i believe your definition of heavy belongs in the mmj dictionary (if there is such a thing)

johnnYYac

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 24, 2011, 11:27 PM
darkglow i believe your definition of heavy belongs in the mmj dictionary (if there is such a thing)
Didn't someone start a MMJ Wiki page?  That's where this should go.  Anyone remember this?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.